Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP as a link in email
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP as a link in email Post 302907343 by Harimalyala on Friday 27th of June 2014 10:03:19 AM
Old 06-27-2014
yes i'm is trying to trigger an email when the files arrives automatically.

Currently I'm giving the below . This is working and I just wanted to have a link also to be sent in this email pointing to the FTP where files will be placed.

uuencode Files Files | mailx -m -s "FILES" X@a.com

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email w/ ftp log as attachment

Can this be done? Code samples welcome and encouraged. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: idesaj
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp Link problem

I am using ftp services at my unix box and accessing it from windows. when i am giving the url in the browser, ftp://neeraj:neeraj@10.1.3.116/cat01/Ne.txt it is giving me ISA Server: extended error message : 200 Type set to I. 200 PORT command successful. 550 /cat01/Ne.txt: No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeerajYadav
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I Recieved An Email Without An Activation Link

I Didn't get the activation link with the e-mail it Said: Dear JJRadio, Thank you for registering for the The UNIX Forums forums. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration. Please note - you must complete this last step to become a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JJRadio
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

email sarg URL report link

Hello, sarg -l access.log -e johndoe@emailaddress.com will send text formated activity to John Doe. sarg -l access.log -u johndoe will generate user activity of John Doe from access.log file. Question: Is there way to send sarg generated URL Link for detail drill down to the user via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Automate FTP process and autorestart on link failure

Hi Guys, i have this lil challenge; i am to implement an automated script that searches/scans a directory for files then picks and sends this files to a very remote server via an ftp link. the challenge here is that the ftp link fails due to netwrk issues maybe; i therefore need to develop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdcoms
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP, Email notication Doubts

Hi we ar trying to automate a couple of things using UNIX.. need help with the commands and scripts for the same... 1. how to FTP a file from an UNIX server to a Shared network location. 2. we have CSV file in UNIX, with this file we have to create a pivot table and post it to a shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, archive, email and delete from shell script

Hello, I found the forum’s information very helpful and informative. I am relatively new to UNIX programming. I am researching how to write a UNIX shell script to ftp all files from specific host folder to a client server. Also need to archive all transferred files, send a message (email) if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to FTP,clean up and email

Hi i need a unix script to do the following tasks. My folder structure is /home/MSTR/test and will have the following folder within it Cache Lookup Source Target 1. On the Source & Target folder i have to take a copy of files older than 5 days and move(FTP) it into local machines C:\Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
1 Replies

9. Programming

Users to submit email for ftp creation

hi all, created a bash script to create an ftp account, its here - #!/bin/bash dir=/mnt/sftp group=sftp_users echo "Enter UserName:" read user if id $user ; then echo "$user already exists as you can see above, please re-run the script" exit ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
6 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)