Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not able to reply to a post
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Not able to reply to a post Post 302907303 by vbe on Friday 27th of June 2014 07:25:44 AM
Old 06-27-2014
???

I dont see anything special, the server seems to be responding normally...
Can you answer back to this thread?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if this post is easy to read so is to reply !!!

i have a html file with uploads a file and sends the username to a .cgi file using post method. the part of code in the cgi file is as below. i am able to get the filename but not able to get the username thats getting posted to the file how to know the value of username. i am trying to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasidhdv
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cann't post reply or create new threads

Hi Admin I got the error message as follows when I reply or create new thread. To reply to threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 9 posts. Is there any problems with my account? How I can reach the 10 replies? I cann't post any replies now. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I cannot post new thread and reply after register

Hi, Admin, I have met a problem that I cannot post new thread and reply after register. It reminds some information as shown in the below: case 1: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. case 2: To reply to threads in this forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies

6. Web Development

TODO: Add Javascript for Reply and New Post Autosave

TODO: Add a some javascript to: Autosave to browser localstorage when a member is creating a new post or replying to a thread (rewriting any prior text in autosave). Create a button on the editor to load the text stored in the autosave function. Difficulty: Easy. Estimated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
pthread_launch_policy_np(3T)											      pthread_launch_policy_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_launch_policy_np() - setting thread launch policies SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
request This parameter determines the precise action to be taken by these functions. answer This parameter is an output parameter in which values are returned. The meaning of answer depends on request parameter. tid This parameter gives the value of the thread id for certain requests. DESCRIPTION
Each process shall have a launch policy. Each thread shall have a launch policy. The launch policy for a thread does not have to match the launch policy for the process. The launch policy determines the locality domain where the newly created process or thread will be launched in a ccNUMA system. The locality domains covered by a process's or thread's processor set are the available locality domains. The function sets a thread launch policy for a specific thread. The thread specified by tid is the target thread whose launch policy is changed. The value can be used to refer to the calling thread. is currently not supported for threads. If is used on a thread, it is silently ignored and zero is returned for successful completion. When a process creates another process (via or the child process will inherit the parent process's launch policy. The initial thread in the child process will inherit the launch policy of the creating thread (and not that of its process). Other threads in a multi-threaded process inherit their launch policy from the creating thread. For all launch policies, the target thread is bound to the locality domain on which it was launched. The target is allowed to execute on any processor within that locality domain. When setting a launch policy, if the target already has processor or locality domain binding, the existing binding will not be overwritten. Instead the locality domain in which the target is bound (whether locality domain binding or processor binding) will be used as the start- ing locality domain for implementing the launch policy. Refer to mpctl(2) man page for further details on launch policies. Note: locality domains are tightly tied to the physical components of the underlying system. As a result, the performance observed when using launch policies based on locality domains may vary from system to system. For example, a system which contains 4 locality domains, each containing 32 processors, may exhibit different performance behaviors from a system that contains 32 locality domains with 4 proces- sors per domain. The launch policy that provides optimal performance on one system may not provide optimal performance on a different sys- tem for the same application. The request parameter specifies the action to take and may be one of the following: The current launch policy of the target thread is returned in the answer parameter. This request currently returns or to indicate the current launch policy of the thread specified by tid. Other launch policies may be added in future releases and returned via this option. Applications using this option should be written to handle other return values in order to continue working on future releases. This request establishes a round robin launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads of the specified thread will be launched on different locality domains in a round robin manner until all available locality domains have been used by threads in the launch tree. At that point, the selection of locality domains begins again from the original locality domain. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a fill first launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads of the specified thread will be launched on the same locality domain as their parent thread until one thread has been created for each available processor in the domain. At that point, a new locality domain is selected and successive threads are launched there until there is one thread per processor. All available locality domains will be used before the original domain is selected again. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a packed launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads are launched on the same locality domain as their parent thread. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a least loaded launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads are launched on the least loaded locality domain in the processor set regardless of the location of their parent thread. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a tree based round robin launch policy for the specified thread. This request differs from in which threads become part of the launch tree. This launch policy includes all descendents of the target thread in the launch tree. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a tree based fill first launch policy for the specified thread. This request differs from in which threads become part of the launch tree. This launch policy includes all descendents of the target thread in the launch tree. The answer parameter is ignored. This request unsets any launch policy in the thread. The system will employ a default, optimal policy in determining where the newly created thread will be launched. The existing binding of the thread is not changed. The answer parameter is ignored. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The request parameter contains an illegal value. [EINVAL] The value specified by answer is illegal. [ESRCH] No thread could be found in the current process that matches the thread ID specified in tid. WARNINGS
is currently not supported for threads. If is used on a thread, it is silently ignored and zero is returned for successful completion. If the request parameter is answer is set to For all other request values, answer parameter is ignored. Applications dependent on the complete implementation of should use threads. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
mpctl(2), sleep(3C), rtsched(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_launch_policy_np(3T)