Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Unable to access CentOS setup Network Configuration after attempting Python update Post 302907296 by Peasant on Friday 27th of June 2014 07:06:54 AM
Old 06-27-2014
Google search suggest you should install newt and newt-python from your Centos repository.

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to setup network,urgent help needed!!

Hi all, I just bought a new system, but am unable to configure network on it.. am using a nge0 ethernet interface to login. i've tried all i knew but not of the webpages seem to open. Here is what i've done.. ifconfig nge0 plumb ifconfig -a (nge0) was being displayed as up and running. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access open solaris across the network.

Hi Everyone, I have installed open solaris 10 on one of the x86 machines available but inspite of configuring the IP i am unable to access the machine through the network. Can anyone please help me wih the settings required to access the machine across the network.Its really Urg..Any help is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
13 Replies

3. Linux

How i can setup socks 5 in CentOS?

how i can setup socks 5 in centos? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesamii
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

How i can setup socks 5 in CentOS?

how i can setup socks 5 in centos? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hesamii
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unable to access web application hosted in same network

All, I have various web applications hosted in a client network. These web apps are accessed through a Apache web server. We have deployed a new web application server and it is not serviced through the Apache web server. So i am unable to access this applications. But i am able to access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS Server Setup Centos 6.5 Issues

I am having a bit of trouble getting my CENTOS 6.5 DNS server to work correctly in our testlab environment. Lab network is 10.8.0.0/24 in which we all access from 10.7.0.0.0/24 && 10.0.0.0/24. Here are my configs: options { listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; 10.8.0.19;}; #listen-on-v6 port 53 {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem Openvas-setup in CentOs 6.7 !

hi I installed Openvas we have the following problem internet Connection is Ok Even Reinstall the problem is not resolved Openvas Setup, Version: 0.5 Step 1: Update NVT's and SCAP data Please note this step could take some time. Once completed, NVT's and SCAP data will be updated... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue setup Transparent proxy and Gateway using Squid on CentOS 7

Hello, We are migrating our gateways from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and for setting up a transparent proxy using squid and Firewalld i am using below configuration. #Firewalld configurations firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-forward-port=port=80:proto=tcp:toport=3128:toaddr=LAN_IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies

10. Linux

Not able to setup CentOS 7 as gateway [Using squid proxy]

Hello, Did anyone setup a CentOS7 as a gateway (with squid transparent proxy). I am trying to do so but not able to setup. I setup squid , iptables (using it instead of firewalld) and all the necessary IPtables rules but nothing work. It work previously but access.log of squid not getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies
UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)

NAME
update-python-modules - byte-compile python modules SYNOPSIS
update-python-modules [options] [package.public [...]] DESCRIPTION
The update-python-modules command is part of the python-support bundle. update-python-modules is responsible for the byte-compilation of python modules. When used in byte-compilation mode, it will byte-compile modules references in the files given on the command line. When used in installation mode, it will byte-compile them once for each installed python version, and will make them available for all of them. At each invocation, with or without arguments, update-python-modules will check for installed python versions, and will build or remove modules according to new or removed versions since the last time it was run. ARGUMENTS
Arguments must be files or directories located in the /usr/share/python-support directory. Depending on their extension, they are treated differently. package.public A file listing public modules to install for each version. These modules must lie in /usr/share/pyshared or /usr/lib/pyshared. package.private A file listing private modules to byte-compile for one Python version. package/ A legacy directory hierarchy of public modules. The C extensions and portions that change with the Python version are to be found in /usr/lib/python-support/pythonX.Y/package/. package.dirs A legacy file listing directories where to find private modules. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Detail all actions while they are performed. -b, --bytecompile Only accept to work on private modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -i, --install Only accept to work on public modules. When given this option, update-python-modules will fail if passed references to public mod- ules. -c, --clean Clean modules instead of installing them. -a, --rebuild-all Rebuild all private modules. This is necessary when the default python version was changed, for example. -f, --force-rebuild-all Clean all modules (public and private), and rebuild them. FILES
/usr/lib/pymodules/pythonX.Y/ These directories contain the byte-compiled modules for version pythonX.Y. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>. 18 Feb 2009 UPDATE-PYTHON-MODULES(8)