Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I don't know how to put this, an Apple Audio HW bug? Post 302907267 by wisecracker on Friday 27th of June 2014 03:03:45 AM
Old 06-27-2014
Hi Corona688...
I could also use this:-
Code:
#!/bin/bash --posix
> /tmp/pulse.wav
data="\xFF\xFF\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00"
printf "\x52\x49\x46\x46\x24\x00\x01\x00\x57\x41\x56\x45\x66\x6d\x74\x20\x10\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x01\x00\x40\x1f\x00\x00\x40\x1f\x00\x00\x01\x00\x08\x00\x64\x61\x74\x61\x00\x00\x01\x00" >> /tmp/pulse.wav
for n in {0..12}
do
	data=$data$data
done
printf "$data" >> /tmp/pulse.wav
afplay /tmp/pulse.wav
exit 0

But my point is that .WAV, .RAW, (.AIFF??), are definitive and have been for decades.

Heck even the AMIGA follows the same course although signed 8 bit data; that is a high
number translates to a low signal point and vice versa.

Why is the Apple gear quoted different? Deliberate, accidental or maybe unaware?

The .WAV and .RAW formats are good for signal generation and that is why I used them
albeit 8 bit unsigned MONO...

Modifying the AudioScope.sh code is easy but I should not have to allow for it...

Oh well I'll put it down to experience and plod on...

I will try CygWin today and in /dev/dsp mode...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10,audio don't work and unrar needed

Hi, I'm here again for newbie questions :) I've installed Solaris 10 but audio don't work.I've a Realtek integrated peripheral,listed in Sun Hcl.The volume control is ok also.But nothing came from speakers. I need to install unrar also,I've download it from here Freeware for Solaris with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bgf0
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
MIXER(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						  MIXER(1)

NAME
mixer - Mixes together a number of soundfiles. . DESCRIPTION
Mixes together a number of soundfiles, starting at different times and with individual channel selection from the input files. SYNTAX
mixer [OPTIONS ... ] infile [[OPTIONS... ] infile] ... INITIALIZATION
Flags: o -A = Generate an AIFF output file. o -W = Generate an WAV output file. o -h = Generate an output file with no header. o -c = Generate 8-bit signed_char sound samples. o -a = Generate alaw sound samples. o -u = Generate ulaw sound samples. o -s = Generate short integer sound samples. o -l = Generate long (32 bit) integer sound samples. o -f = Generate floating point samples. o -F arg = Specifies the gain to be applied to the following input file. If arg is a floating point number that gain is applied uniformly to the input. Alternatively it could be a file name which specifies a breakpoint file for varying the gain for different periods. o -S integer = Indicate at which sample to start to mix in the next input file. o -T fpnum = Indicate at which time (in seconds) to start to mix in the next input file. o -1 = Mix in channel 1 from next sound file. o -2 = Mix in channel 2 from next sound file. o -3 = Mix in channel 3 from next sound file. o -4 = Mix in channel 4 from next sound file. o -^ intx inty = Mix in channel x from next sound file as channel y in the output. o -v = Verbose mode. o -R = Continually rewrite the header while writing soundfile (WAV/AIFF). o -H integer = Show a "heart-beat" to indicate progress, in style 1, 2 or 3. o -N = Alert call (usually ringing the bell) when finished. o -o fname = output file name (default: test.wav) EXAMPLES
The default values are mixer -s -otest -F 1.0 -S 0 For example mixer -F 0.96 in1.wav -S 300 -2 in2.aiff -S 300 -^4 1 in3.wav -o out.wav This creates a new sound file with a constant gain of 0.96 from in1.wav with the second channel of in2.aiff mixed in after 300 samples and channel 4 of in3.wav outpout as channel 1 after 300 samples. CREDITS
Author: John ffitch 1994 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 MIXER(1)