Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swap Solaris 5.10
Operating Systems Solaris Swap Solaris 5.10 Post 302907225 by blackrageous on Thursday 26th of June 2014 03:44:52 PM
Old 06-26-2014
How are customers getting alerted. Do customers have their own virtualized versions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating swap space under Solaris 2.6

I just finished installing Solaris 2.6 and several applications just to realize that I made a bonehead mistake during the install. When setting up the filesystems, I entered /tmp and no swap! Is it possible to permanantly declare the entire /tmp partition as swap? I am guessing an entry in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allocating swap space on solaris 9

Hi, I have a solaris 9-sparc box, which after bouncing is giving swap space related error messages(that swap space is not enough). could it be possible that there was some command issued or setting made before bouncing, which was lost after bouncing? please let me know how i can add swap space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Weird swap size on Solaris 9

I have a machine: SunOS <server> 5.9 Generic_117171-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R It has these filesystems: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 19G 15G 3.9G 80% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Memory / Swap

Hi all Got myself in a pickle here, chasing my own tail and am confused. Im trying to work out memory / swap on my solaris 10 server, that Im using zones on. Server A has 32Gb of raw memory, ZFS across the root /mirror drives. # prtdiag -v | grep mem = Memory size: 32768 Megabytes #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 SWAP SPACE

We have a SPARC system which is running on Solaris-9 and Physical memory size is 16GB.We have allocated 32GB SWAP space(2 times of physical memory).But when we use df -h command it shows following output and SWAP space size shows more than our allocated space # df -h Filesystem size used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberdemon
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Swap space in Solaris box

Hello Team, By the way of introduction, I am new member in this forum and proud too :) Here is my questions: In one of our Solaris Sparc v9 box, we are facing issues related to swap space. Our custom applications are using swap space even though physical memory is available. From some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush_28
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 : how to find swap utilization ?

hi, I want to find swap utilization on a solaris 10 box. can someone please help. Thanks, Priyank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arorap
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 swap device and filesystem

Hi all, Q1) Due to application requirement, i am required to have more swap space. Currently my swap is on a partition with 32GB. I have another partition with 100GB, but it already has a UFS filesystem on it. Can i just swap -d /dev/dsk/current32gb and swap -a /dev/dsk/ufs100gb ? Will... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
17 Replies
pci_eh_enable(5)						File Formats Manual						  pci_eh_enable(5)

NAME
pci_eh_enable - enables/disables PCI Error Recovery VALUES
Failsafe Default (Enables PCI Error Recovery.) Allowed values Integer values from to Recommended values (Enables PCI Error Recovery.) DESCRIPTION
HP-UX supports PCI Error Handling/Recovery to ensure that PCI errors caused by bad cards do not crash a hard partition on high end systems. This functionality helps in recovering the most common parity errors. This tunable is made static because it is very hard to modify hard- ware capability at run time. is made public so certain service guard users would be able to turn off the functionality. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Recommended for service guard customers. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at next reboot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on to enable PCI Error Recovery functionality When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? To disable PCI Error Recovery functionality What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? PCI Error Recovery functionality will be disabled WARNINGS
Even if tunable is PCI Error Handling/Recovery functionality will be disabled if the platform does not have the capability. All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Kernel Tunable for PCI Error Recovery pci_eh_enable(5)