Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printer Setup
Special Forums Hardware Printer Setup Post 302907182 by hicksd8 on Thursday 26th of June 2014 12:08:20 PM
Old 06-26-2014
Might be nothing to do with the Unix driver configuration.

First thing is to check how the HP2300 is configured:

On the HP2300 go to menu tree:

Code:
configure device > printing > copies

What is that set to?

I've known it default to 32,000 copies!!!!
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Local Printer Setup

Hi to all, A real virgin to unix, so sorry for such a basic question. Have a older unix terminal with crashed server. Software resides to terminal. Don't have network printing capabilities. I removed network printer and gone local, but don't know how to redirect the device for local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rogie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX printer setup

Hi, not entirely sure if this should be here or IP networking for dummies... I am trying to set up a new printer remotely (large office). The people at the other end have no problems printing to it from a Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, etc). However, they are unable to print to it from Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ypnos
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

printer port setup

Does anybody know how to add a printer from network in Solaris 10 using IP settings? according to our IT support, in order to add this printer in Windows XP we introduce it as a local printer which is connected to a port with an IP address, like 128.79.44.110. Anyway I don't know how it can be done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arash05
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Printer Setup

How do you add a HP network printer on a Sun Solaris Unix box? I have the IP address of the printer. I try using the admintool tool, but am confusing about setup the printer to connect to the IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racquetbal
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Printer Setup Issues

We have several printers setup to send the print file to a specific IP address and place in a specific folder based on printer selection (this is a Win2000 Server). The issue we are having is before sending the file, I do a lpstat for the printer and it shows ready and waiting. We send the job to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurt.renn@rmsna
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

printer/filter setup

trying to get my laserjet to print under FC5. Got APSFILTER; what to answer to question 'parallel or serial printer port when it is USB? Do I need an updated filter software? I tried 'parallel', get 'permission denied when I try lp or lpr command- thanks- Marshall (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blann
2 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot setup a printer queue

So I've got this asc file that someone sent me for setting up a Zebra printer on AIX. When I use smit or the command line I get this error when I try to setup the printer up: File /usr/lib/lpd/pio/predef/master does not exist. The master file is there. This only happens when I setup a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hurmoth
2 Replies

8. Linux

Printer Setup(s)

I'm so frustrated. I have almost no experience with setting up printers and networking through Linux. That being said, I need some help. In fact, I don't even know if this setup is possible, and for all I know, I might need a Window's solution. I'm a hardcore Linux guy, so talk to me that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

printer setup issue

I am a linux newbie who is in over his head.... We have a 3rd party company hosting our servers and they are running RHEL 4 (actaully is is OEL, but Oracle just rebranded RH) they installed a bunch of printers on the servers there. Our application prints but the formatt is off. When we had the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayjabour
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Printer Setup - Model

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, model 2300, on an Integrity server running on HP-Ux B.11.31; using the Jetdirect Printer Installer For Unix, version E.10.34. This particular printer is printing the same job multiple times and I cannot figur out why that is. 1. Is there perhaps a flag in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koketso
0 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  IO::Async::Protocol(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol" - base class for transport-based protocols DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async:Notifier provides storage for a IO::Async::Handle object, to act as a transport for some protocol. It contains an instance of the transport object, which it adds as a child notifier, allowing a level of independence from the actual transport being used. For example, a stream may actually be an IO::Async::SSLStream to allow the protocol to be used over SSL. This class is not intended to be used directly, instead, see one of the subclasses IO::Async::Protocol::Stream - base class for stream-based protocols EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_closed Optional. Invoked when the transport handle becomes closed. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": transport => IO::Async::Handle The "IO::Async::Handle" to delegate communications to. on_closed => CODE CODE reference for the "on_closed" event. When a new "transport" object is given, it will be configured by calling the "setup_transport" method, then added as a child notifier. If a different transport object was already configured, this will first be removed and deconfigured using the "teardown_transport". METHODS
$transport = $protocol->transport Returns the stored transport object $protocol->connect( %args ) Sets up a connection to a peer, and configures the underlying "transport" for the Protocol. Takes the following named arguments: socktype => STRING or INT Required. Identifies the socket type, and the type of continuation that will be used. If this value is "stream" or "SOCK_STREAM" then "on_stream" continuation will be used; otherwise "on_socket" will be used. on_connected => CODE Optional. If supplied, will be invoked once the connection has been established. $on_connected->( $protocol ) transport => IO::Async::Handle Optional. If this is provided, it will immediately be configured as the transport (by calling "configure"), and the "on_connected" callback will be invoked. This is provided as a convenient shortcut. Other arguments will be passed to the underlying "IO::Async::Loop" "connect" call. TRANSPORT DELEGATION
The following methods are delegated to the transport object close SUBCLASS METHODS
"IO::Async::Protocol" is a base class provided so that specific subclasses of it provide more specific behaviour. The base class provides a number of methods that subclasses may wish to override. If a subclass implements any of these, be sure to invoke the superclass method at some point within the code. $protocol->setup_transport( $transport ) Called by "configure" when a new "transport" object is given, this method should perform whatever setup is required to wire the new transport object into the protocol object; typically by setting up event handlers. $protocol->teardown_transport( $transport ) The reverse of "setup_transport"; called by "configure" when a previously set-up transport object is about to be replaced. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol(3pm)