Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Broken Pipe: executing a binary application Post 302907149 by Wpgn on Thursday 26th of June 2014 08:46:51 AM
Old 06-26-2014
ok small update I managed to fix the errors, but I still have one problem
Code:
stat64("/dev/pts/3", 0xFFBEEF08) = 0
open("/var/adm/utmpx", O_RDONLY) = 5
fstat64(5, 0xFFBEEFF0) = 0
brk(0x001D9EA0) = 0
brk(0x001DBEA0) = 0
ioctl(5, TCGETA, 0xFFBEEF7C) Err#25 ENOTTY
read(5, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0".., 8192) = 3720
llseek(5, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFE8C, SEEK_CUR) = 3348
close(5)

do you have any ideas on this one?

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-26-2014 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe?

Hi there, I try to use: > find * | ls but it just gave me one level of ' ls '. and it said: > find * | ls dir1 dir2 f1 f2 f3 Broken Pipe > what is broken pipe? how can i fix it? thks Gusla (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

sometimes I ftp files from an Unix environment from the command prompt of my win2000 pc and I get a "broken pipe" message. sometimes I'll get nothing but sometimes I'll get part of the file. Whats this "broken pipe" about?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

5. Linux

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir2
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abir2
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

broken pipe

hi i am trying to upload a file using ftp protocol, i am facing some problem while uploading "Failedtoupload:SFTREGUP1:FTP_ASCII_MAILBOX21.39.10.856305000:Broken pipe" Can someone explain why it is coming , and the solution . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

I know what causes 'broken pipe' errors, but I can't understand why I can get it (only occasionally) with my example: ps -ef | grep "\./ans$" | grep -v grep Basically I'm searching the ps output looking for the process I'm interested in and excluding the process that is grepping for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhew
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Broken pipe

Hi all, I am trying to run a sleep command and I am receiving a broken pipe when I execute. any help would be greatly appreciated. sleep `< /dev/urandom tr -dc 0-6 | head -c2` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
2 Replies
filterlog(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      filterlog(8)

NAME
filterlog - Logs and reports system Correctable Read Data (CRD) memory errors on specific systems. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/filterlog [-l] [-d crdlog] [-d crdlifetime] [-s crdlength #] [-s crdcount #] [-h] OPTIONS
Logs or filters an entry from stdin. This option is used by the binary event-log daemon, binlogd. Dumps the contents of the CRD log file in text format. Errors shown in the file are those recorded by the system since the last boot. Dumps the CRD lifetime log information in text format. Used to set the CRD interval time in minutes. The default is 24 hours. Used to set the CRD interval count. The default is 50. Prints a list of the command option options defined in this reference page. DESCRIPTION
This utility ensures that only genuine memory errors are reported to system log files on certain system types. The command filterlog is called directly by the binary event-log daemon, binlogd to filter system CRD (memory hardware) errors. CRD errors are logged according to user-definable parameters. If it is determined that a genuine memory problem exists, an entry is passed to binlogd. The error will then be written to the system's error log file and can be notified to the user through DECevent. The filterlog utility uses two variables to determine if a CRD error signifies a genuine memory hardware problem -- crdlength and crdcount. If crdcount number of errors occur during crdlength minutes, an entry is passed to binlogd. The default settings are 50 errors in 24 hours (1440 minutes). The filterlog utility reads the /etc/binlog.conf file to determine what log file should be used to record any events. The default log file is /usr/adm/binary.crdlog. SEE ALSO
Commands: binlogd(8), dia(8) (DECevent) filterlog(8)