Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find files between two datetime.. Post 302907142 by RudiC on Thursday 26th of June 2014 06:58:22 AM
Old 06-26-2014
GNU find would offer the -newerXY test - see man find.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

SQL datetime calculations

Suppose I have a table as follows: CREATE TABLE data ( `datetime` datetime DEFAULT NOT NULL, `temperature` float DEFAULT NO NULL ); populated with temperature samples of a couple times a second. Let's say I want to find the temperatures which are 1 second apart: SELECT D1.datetime,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetime.pm

Hi, I'm trying to use datetime.pm function in Perl. I do not have in the library. Is there a way to get it and put it into library? Thanks, George. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Files Based on Datetime Stamp

I have a Unix directory, let's call it /home/id for example purposes. It contains the following files: oldfile.txt.20091101, oldfile.txt.20091102, oldfile.txt.20091103, etc. I am trying to create a Korn Shell script that will go to /home/id and delete any oldfile.txt that has a datetime stamp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijmoore
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate datetime string?

Hi. I'm hoping there is a simple method where I'm able to generate a datetime string that looks like this (yyyymmddhhmm): 201106280830 The tricky part would be that I need this string to be today's datetime minus 1 year. Is there anyway to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files which have a datetime >= currentdate-N

Hi , I want to move the files from a particular folder which have a datetime >= currentdate-N from a source to destination folder. for ex today date is 22/10/2011 and the value of 'N' is 2 days then it should do the logic datetime >= currentdate-N that is 22/10/2011 - 2days so it will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare datetime?

Hi, To get the batch status, I will need to check if the particular job started after 5PM. if the job start time is before 5 pm, then it means that the job has not started for this particular date. I will run the script with date as argument. For eg: BS 07/10/2012 Start time from the log is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 48 hours to DateTime

Hey Guys, I have looked for a solution throughout the forum for my particular question, but I cant find one. So I'm sorry if I overlooked it. I need to be able to 48 add hours to a particular DateTime string. I have a variable named $startTime I would like to be able to take that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chagan02
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX DateTime Computation

Good day people, Kindly advice on below please. 1) Formatting/ Arithmetic operation of given date I understand from the AIX man date and some research that flag -d is not applicable for AIX shell scripting and some of the UNIX command date command is not available in AIX. Please advice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS compare datetime

Hi i need to compare the datetime between 2 columns. SunOS 5.1 is used. Notice that mktime seems like not supported. cat file2 P1,2012 12 4 21 36 48,2012 12 4 22 26 53 P2,2012 12 4 20 36 48,2012 12 4 21 21 23 P3,2012 12 4 18 36 48,2012 12 4 20 12 35 Below is the command used.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chailee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename with datetime

Hello All, I need unix command to generate a file with datetime in it. For example : ABC_YYYYMMDDHH24MISS.txt Regards Biswajeet Ghosh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies
lnptest2(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lnptest2(1)

NAME
lnptest2 - LNP Client Test Application #2 (shorter test) SYNOPSIS
lnptest2 DESCRIPTION
lnptest2 is an LNP Daemon test client used to test the connection between a client LNP program (in this case lnptest2) and the LNP daemon through the Ir Tower to a corresponding test program running in an RCX. See the FILES section for the location of the RCX test program source code (distributed with this package). OPTIONS
lnptest2 does not support command-line options. USAGE
To run the test: - compile the lnptest2.c RCX program - start the lnpd daemon - download the lnptest2.lx program to the RCX - at the RCX, run the program just downloaded to the RCX - run this lnptest2 program - inspect the output looking for lack of failure messages FILES
/usr/share/doc/lnpd/examples/rcx In this directory is the source to the RCX-side program which is called lnptest2.c but written to be compiled against BrickOS. SEE ALSO
lnptest(1), lnpdll(1), lnpd(8) You can find additional documentation in /usr/share/doc/lnpd (on Debian GNU/Linux systems) AUTHOR
lnptest2 was written by Michael Obenland <mobenland@users.sourceforge.net> This man page was written by Stephen M Moraco <stephen@debian.org> January 23, 2005 lnptest2(1)