Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to prevent a C++ program reading a file that is still being written to.? Post 302907137 by chris01010 on Thursday 26th of June 2014 06:19:11 AM
Old 06-26-2014
Thanks, but wouldn't that just check if the open has been successful?

I need to prevent the file being opened until the write from Connect Direct has finished.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File being used/written

Hello, Which command in unix can tell whether a file is being used/written by another process. e.g. If one process is copying a very big file in some directory and there is another cronjob process which checks for a new file and in this directory and process the file. I want to check, if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading filenames inside a program

UNIX Sun Ultra60 5.5.1 Hello everybody, I have a problem that seems simple but turns out to be complex (for me at least). My program needs to open a directory (this part is easy), scan each filename and determine whether or not a file with the suffix (.07) exists. So the program would return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_t_kim
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to clear the content of a pipe (STDIN) after it is written to another program?

PROGRAM A <-> PROGRAM B PROGRAM A sends data as STDIN ro PROGRAM B and when PROGRAM B is executed from PROGRAM A, it sends output back to PROGRAM A. This is implemented using 2 pipes (fd1 & fd2). The above process happens in a loop and during the second run, the previous data that had been... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ????

Hi folks, I am using a shell script to display the referred libraries names of any specified cpp code. Given below is the script: shell script "grblib" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # get the lines having "include" pattern ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

prevent errors/warnings from being written to log file

i have this script which works fine but shows errors when it runs..these are more like warnings and the script runs fine.. i am on a sun machine.. i know it writes all the error messages to a master log file.. is there any way i can turn off these warnings/error messages and prevent them from being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

6. Linux

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
0 Replies

7. Programming

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file a background program writes to

Hi! #!/usr/bin/env bash rm tmpcomm nc -v -u -l 444 | hexdump -b > tmpcomm while : do read l1 < tmpcomm read l2 < tmpcomm read l3 < tmpcomm read l4 < tmpcomm # do something doneI start netcat in the background and listen for an incoming conncetion. All incoming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: torax123
1 Replies

9. Programming

Reading long options in C++ program

I am reading arguments passed to a C++ program which accepts long options. Long options start with '--', with the value joined with the option by an = sign, with no intervening spaces. An example is as follows: programName --vdz=15.0 I want to store 'vdz' in variable 'key', whereas... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

10. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies
OCSIGEN(1)						      General Commands Manual							OCSIGEN(1)

NAME
ocsigen - Web Development framework in OCaml SYNOPSIS
ocsigen [options] DESCRIPTION
ocsigen is a programming framework providing a new way to create dynamic web sites. Its goal is to offer an alternative to Apache/PHP, based on cutting-edge technologies coming from research in programming languages. With ocsigen, you program in a concise and modular way, with a strong type system which helps you to produce valid xhtml. The server handles sessions, URLs, and page parameters automatically. OPTIONS
-c, --config Alternate configuration file. -d, --daemon Daemon mode (detach the process). This is the default when there are more than 1 process. -help, --help Show summary of options. -p, --pidfile Specify a file where to write the PIDs of the servers. -s, --silent Silent mode (error messages go in errors.log only). -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -V , --veryverbose Very verbose mode (debug). -version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
ocamlc(1). AUTHOR
ocsigen was written by Vincent Balat <vincent.balat@pps.jussieu.fr>. This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <smimram@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2006-09-14 OCSIGEN(1)