Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find files between two datetime.. Post 302907113 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 25th of June 2014 09:50:44 PM
Old 06-25-2014
If the files have been changed since they arrived, you can't in general (although some filesystem types do have a file creation time stamp). If you just want to see a list of the regular files in and under a directory that changed during that time, create two files (using touch) with timestamps a millisecond before the start time and equal to the end times of your range. So, in this case:
Code:
touch -d 2014-05-26T05:59:59.999 first_file
touch -d 2014-05-26T14:00:00 second_file
find directory -type f -newer first_file ! -newer second_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

SQL datetime calculations

Suppose I have a table as follows: CREATE TABLE data ( `datetime` datetime DEFAULT NOT NULL, `temperature` float DEFAULT NO NULL ); populated with temperature samples of a couple times a second. Let's say I want to find the temperatures which are 1 second apart: SELECT D1.datetime,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetime.pm

Hi, I'm trying to use datetime.pm function in Perl. I do not have in the library. Is there a way to get it and put it into library? Thanks, George. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Files Based on Datetime Stamp

I have a Unix directory, let's call it /home/id for example purposes. It contains the following files: oldfile.txt.20091101, oldfile.txt.20091102, oldfile.txt.20091103, etc. I am trying to create a Korn Shell script that will go to /home/id and delete any oldfile.txt that has a datetime stamp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijmoore
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate datetime string?

Hi. I'm hoping there is a simple method where I'm able to generate a datetime string that looks like this (yyyymmddhhmm): 201106280830 The tricky part would be that I need this string to be today's datetime minus 1 year. Is there anyway to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files which have a datetime >= currentdate-N

Hi , I want to move the files from a particular folder which have a datetime >= currentdate-N from a source to destination folder. for ex today date is 22/10/2011 and the value of 'N' is 2 days then it should do the logic datetime >= currentdate-N that is 22/10/2011 - 2days so it will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare datetime?

Hi, To get the batch status, I will need to check if the particular job started after 5PM. if the job start time is before 5 pm, then it means that the job has not started for this particular date. I will run the script with date as argument. For eg: BS 07/10/2012 Start time from the log is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 48 hours to DateTime

Hey Guys, I have looked for a solution throughout the forum for my particular question, but I cant find one. So I'm sorry if I overlooked it. I need to be able to 48 add hours to a particular DateTime string. I have a variable named $startTime I would like to be able to take that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chagan02
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX DateTime Computation

Good day people, Kindly advice on below please. 1) Formatting/ Arithmetic operation of given date I understand from the AIX man date and some research that flag -d is not applicable for AIX shell scripting and some of the UNIX command date command is not available in AIX. Please advice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS compare datetime

Hi i need to compare the datetime between 2 columns. SunOS 5.1 is used. Notice that mktime seems like not supported. cat file2 P1,2012 12 4 21 36 48,2012 12 4 22 26 53 P2,2012 12 4 20 36 48,2012 12 4 21 21 23 P3,2012 12 4 18 36 48,2012 12 4 20 12 35 Below is the command used.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chailee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename with datetime

Hello All, I need unix command to generate a file with datetime in it. For example : ABC_YYYYMMDDHH24MISS.txt Regards Biswajeet Ghosh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies
TOUCH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TOUCH(1)

NAME
touch -- change file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
touch [-A [-][[hh]mm]SS] [-achm] [-r file] [-t [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]] [-d YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:SS[.frac][tz]] file ... DESCRIPTION
The touch utility sets the modification and access times of files. If any file does not exist, it is created with default permissions. By default, touch changes both modification and access times. The -a and -m flags may be used to select the access time or the modification time individually. Selecting both is equivalent to the default. By default, the timestamps are set to the current time. The -d and -t flags explicitly specify a different time, and the -r flag specifies to set the times those of the specified file. The -A flag adjusts the values by a specified amount. The following options are available: -A Adjust the access and modification time stamps for the file by the specified value. This flag is intended for use in modifying files with incorrectly set time stamps. The argument is of the form ``[-][[hh]mm]SS'' where each pair of letters represents the following: - Make the adjustment negative: the new time stamp is set to be before the old one. hh The number of hours, from 00 to 99. mm The number of minutes, from 00 to 59. SS The number of seconds, from 00 to 59. The -A flag implies the -c flag: if any file specified does not exist, it will be silently ignored. -a Change the access time of the file. The modification time of the file is not changed unless the -m flag is also specified. -c Do not create the file if it does not exist. The touch utility does not treat this as an error. No error messages are displayed and the exit value is not affected. -d Change the access and modification times to the specified time instead of the current time of day. The argument is of the form ``YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:SS[.frac][tz]'' where the letters represent the following: YYYY The year. MM The month of the year, from 01 to 12. DD The day of the month, from 01 to 31. T The letter T or a space. hh The hour of the day, from 00 to 23. mm The minute of the hour, from 00 to 59. SS The second of the minute, from 00 to 61. .frac An optional fraction, consisting of a period or a comma followed by one or more digits. The number of significant dig- its depends on the kernel configuration and the filesystem, and may be zero. tz An optional letter Z indicating the time is in UTC. Otherwise, the time is assumed to be in local time. -h If the file is a symbolic link, change the times of the link itself rather than the file that the link points to. Note that -h implies -c and thus will not create any new files. -m Change the modification time of the file. The access time of the file is not changed unless the -a flag is also specified. -r Use the access and modifications times from the specified file instead of the current time of day. -t Change the access and modification times to the specified time instead of the current time of day. The argument is of the form ``[[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]'' where each pair of letters represents the following: CC The first two digits of the year (the century). YY The second two digits of the year. If ``YY'' is specified, but ``CC'' is not, a value for ``YY'' between 69 and 99 results in a ``CC'' value of 19. Otherwise, a ``CC'' value of 20 is used. MM The month of the year, from 01 to 12. DD the day of the month, from 01 to 31. hh The hour of the day, from 00 to 23. mm The minute of the hour, from 00 to 59. SS The second of the minute, from 00 to 61. If the ``CC'' and ``YY'' letter pairs are not specified, the values default to the current year. If the ``SS'' letter pair is not specified, the value defaults to 0. EXIT STATUS
The touch utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. COMPATIBILITY
The obsolescent form of touch, where a time format is specified as the first argument, is supported. When no -r or -t option is specified, there are at least two arguments, and the first argument is a string of digits either eight or ten characters in length, the first argument is interpreted as a time specification of the form ``MMDDhhmm[YY]''. The ``MM'', ``DD'', ``hh'' and ``mm'' letter pairs are treated as their counterparts specified to the -t option. If the ``YY'' letter pair is in the range 39 to 99, the year is set to 1939 to 1999, otherwise, the year is set in the 21st century. SEE ALSO
utimes(2) STANDARDS
The touch utility is expected to be a superset of the IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') specification. HISTORY
A touch utility appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 10, 2012 BSD