Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Privacy In a UNIX Server Environment Post 302907085 by blackrageous on Wednesday 25th of June 2014 04:01:27 PM
Old 06-25-2014
You should investiate ACL's (access control lists) if you want to point to a set of users.
This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Building UX Server for Dev Environment

Hello. I am asked to build a new UNIX Server for Development environment before we could ask the high level experts to build production environment. Could you please let me know what all must I have to know and the steps inorder to build ux server? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building UX Server for Dev Environment

Hello. I am asked to build a new UNIX Server for Development environment before we could ask the high level experts to build production environment. Could you please let me know what all must I have to know and the steps inorder to build ux server? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Privacy Policy for The UNIX and Linux Forums

Privacy Policy for The UNIX and Linux Forums If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by email or post your question as a reply to this thread. At The UNIX and Linux Forums, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to awk in windows2003 server environment

For the following perl script, can anyone help to convert it to awk statement in windows2003 server environment ? Code: foreach $k (sort {$a <=> $b} keys %psnum) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

6. AIX

Software For Server Environment Documentation

Hello guys! Can you suggest some software for doucmenting Servers? thanks in advance edit by bakunin: typo in thread title corrected. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to grow vxfs directory but the server is in Veritas Cluster environment?

Hello, Usually I use "vxresize" to grow vxfs directory in a stand-alone server without any problems, but I am just told to grow vxfs directorys in Veritas Cluster nodes. Since I never done it before, would like to ask all the experts here to make sure the concept and steps will be fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnychen98
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.COM General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) Compliance - For Member Comments

Dear All, Please read version Version 0.81 28 May 2018 of our draft UNIX.COM General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) Compliance. If you have any data privacy questions or concerns, or would like to see us address any other data privacy topic related to your personal data at UNIX.COM,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
VOP_GETACL(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VOP_GETACL(9)

NAME
VOP_GETACL -- retrieve access control list for a vnode SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> #include <sys/acl.h> int VOP_GETACL(struct vnode *vp, acl_type_t type, struct acl *aclp, struct ucred *cred, struct thread *td); DESCRIPTION
This vnode call may be used to retrieve the access control list (ACL) from a file or directory. Its arguments are: vp The vnode of the file or directory. type The type of ACL to retrieve. aclp A pointer to an ACL structure to receive the ACL data. cred The user credentials to use in authorizing the request. td The thread requesting the ACL. The cred pointer may be NULL to indicate that access control checks are not to be performed, if possible. This cred setting might be used to allow the kernel to authorize ACL retrieval that the active process might not be permitted to do. The vnode ACL interface defines the syntax, and not semantics, of file and directory ACL interfaces. More information about ACL management in kernel may be found in acl(9). LOCKS
The vnode will be locked on entry and should remain locked on return. RETURN VALUES
If the aclp pointer will point to a valid ACL, then zero is returned. Otherwise, an appropriate error code is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] The ACL type passed is invalid for this vnode. [EACCES] The caller does not have the appropriate privilege. [ENOMEM] Sufficient memory is not available to fulfill the request. [EOPNOTSUPP] The file system does not support VOP_GETACL(). SEE ALSO
acl(9), vnode(9), VOP_ACLCHECK(9), VOP_SETACL(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Robert Watson. BSD
December 23, 1999 BSD