Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PPD conumdrum
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat PPD conumdrum Post 302907074 by fabiogilr on Wednesday 25th of June 2014 03:18:04 PM
Old 06-25-2014
PPD conumdrum

Hello,

Long time without posting to the Unix forum.

I'm currently supporting a RHEL 5.8 environment. Our site is a Konica Minolta shop. We are setting up back-end printing and for the most part it's all well. We've been having issues with a particular model: C364 colour printer. It prints Ok if the regular trays are selected but it won't print from the side tray aka bypass tray. We have been provided with a PPD that supposedly works fine with CUPS 1.3 but it won't work with 1.4. The vendor won't give us a 1.4 version of the PPD. The moment we try to print to the side tray, CUPS doesn't like some of the parameters and shuts the printer down.

Does anybody have any suggestion at this point?

Thanks much and good day to all,

Fabio Gil

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP LJ2300D and Unix PPD

:) Greetings, I have a specific question about PPD's under UNIX. I want to run a HP Laserjet 2300D in a standard unix envirnoment. Problem is, i have had a look around the web, but i cant really find a proper PPD. Is it possible to use MAC PPD's? or Solaris? If so, how do i do that? I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minor_Threat
3 Replies

2. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a ppd driver for Minolta 3100 on CUPS/Ubuntu

Hello I have a Minolta QMS Magicolor 3100 printer. A driver is available (Minolta-magicolor_3100-Postscript.ppd) for Linux, installed using foomatic, but it does not work properly. The resolution is at it's lowest and a poor quality grainy print results. The printer works fine under Windows XP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwallum
0 Replies

4. Hardware

Cups-compatible PPD for IBM 6400 printers

We've inherited some IBM Infoprint 6400 printers for use with our internal warehouse management software. Now I'm looking for a driver, or a compatibility list for said printers. I found that IBM does provide drivers for it (link), but due to our policies I can't download it. (who provides drivers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
0 Replies
ppdmerge(1)							    Apple Inc.							       ppdmerge(1)

NAME
ppdmerge - merge ppd files (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
ppdmerge [ -o output-ppd-file ] ppd-file ppd-file [ ... ppd-file ] DESCRIPTION
ppdmerge merges two or more PPD files into a single, multi-language PPD file. This program is deprecated and will be removed in a future release of CUPS. OPTIONS
ppdmerge supports the following options: -o output-ppd-file Specifies the PPD file to create. If not specified, the merged PPD file is written to the standard output. If the output file already exists, it is silently overwritten. NOTES
ppdmerge does not check whether the merged PPD files are for the same device. Merging of different device PPDs will yield unpredictable results. SEE ALSO
ppdc(1), ppdhtml(1), ppdi(1), ppdpo(1), ppdcfile(5), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 12 June 2014 CUPS ppdmerge(1)