Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnuplot in bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gnuplot in bash Post 302906823 by blackrageous on Monday 23rd of June 2014 06:54:15 PM
Old 06-23-2014
That is impressively quick.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gnuplot

Hi, I am a beginner using UNIX, and was wondering how to use gnuplot from UNIX on my pc. I am connected remotely to my work's UNIX server using Secure Shell Client, and gnuplot won't open a new window when I use the plot command. How do I do this? Moreover, is it possible to save things from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KTTFB64
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNUplot

Hi, I am trying to make a plot of an ASCII file using GNUplot, but I keep getting error msg: for example plot filename.txt It says that (.txt ) is not identified ... I tried to write it without the .txt part, but I also get the error msg. Any idea why? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs and gnuplot

Hi All, Seems I have an xargs stdin problem that I don't understand. I have a script (call it myscript.sh) that takes the names of one or more file(s) specified on the command line and creates a single gnuplot command file containing multiple records, one for each specified file. Each of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulianna2002
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash-gnuplot: unexpected end of file

Hi I can't figure out why i get the "unexpected end of file". #! /bin/bash for file1 in /figures/*; do gnuplot << EOF set terminal postscript eps color enhanced set output "$file1.eps" set bar 1.000000 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

GNUPLOT help needed

Dear All, I am new to GNUPLOT :D and dont know how it works, but actually there is a LINUX script generated by me which is running & capturing data in real time, the problem is that i want to plot that data in real time using GNUPLOT.:confused: please help.:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help! How to gnuplot a picture??

I would like to ask if I have already plot a graph using gnuplot, the setting(made by others) is in "gnuplot.defaults": gnuplot> load '<ParadisDir>/inputs/gnuplot.defaults' gnuplot> splot 'box.in' with lines, '0t0001' w lines How to transform it to bmp file? (or other types of pictures?) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelvin490
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnuplot do not take my variable

Hi! i want to print ot my data of the last seven days with gnuplot. in a script i put my gnuplot-script and at the top i generate my date-variable. #/bin/bash -e # Gnuplot script "API_Status.txt" # set terminal postscript color landscape dl 2 lw 2 'Helvetica' 15 ; # set output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot script

Need assistance in getting a script right. It requires little tweaking and I am not getting it right . Using below data and the below script it creates a table with png file but regarding the time it create 6,7,8 and i want each time 6:15 ,6:30 and so on So that i can view the exact graph... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies
SG_TEST_RWBUF(8)						     SG3_UTILS							  SG_TEST_RWBUF(8)

NAME
sg_test_rwbuf - test a SCSI host adapter by issuing dummy writes and reads SYNOPSIS
sg_test_rwbuf [--addrd=AR] [--addwr=AW] [--help] [--quick] --size=SZ [--times=NUM] [--verbose] [--version] DEVICE or an older deprecated format sg_test_rwbuf DEVICE SZ [AW] [AR] DESCRIPTION
sg_test_rwbuf writes and reads back SZ bytes to the internal buffer of DEVICE (e.g. /dev/sda or /dev/sg0). A pseudo random pattern is writ- ten to the data buffer on the device then read back. If the same pattern is found 'Success' is reported. If they do not match (checksums unequal) then this is reported and up to 24 bytes from the first point of mismatch are reported; the first line shows what was written and the second line shows what was received. For testing purposes, you can ask it to write AW or read AR additional bytes. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -r, --addrd=AR Read an additional AR bytes (than indicated by SZ) from the data buffer. Checksum is performed over the first SZ bytes. -w, --addwr=AW Write an additional AW bytes (than indicated by SZ) of zeros into the data buffer. Checksum is generated over the first SZ bytes. -h, --help Print out a usage message the exit. -q, --quick Perform a READ BUFFER descriptor command to find out the available data buffer length and offset, print them out then exit (without testing with write/read sequences). -s, --size=SZ where SZ is the size of buffer in bytes to be written then read and checked. This number needs to be less than or equal to the size of the device's data buffer which can be seen from the --quick option. Either this option or the --quick option should be given. -t, --times=NUM where NUM is the number of times to repeat the write/read to buffer test. Default value is 1 . -v, --verbose increase verbosity of output. -V, --version print version number (and data of last change) then exit. NOTES
The microcode in a SCSI device is _not_ modified by doing a WRITE BUFFER command with its mode set to "data" (0x2) as done by this utility. Therefore this utility is safe in that respect. [Mode values 0x4, 0x5, 0x6 and 0x7 are the dangerous ones :-)] WARNING: If you access the device at the same time (e.g. because it's a hard disk with a mounted file system on it) the device's buffer may be used by the device itself for other data at the same time, and overwriting it may or may not cause data corruption! HOWEVER the SPC-3 draft standard does state in its WRITE BUFFER command: "This command shall not alter any medium of the logical unit when data mode ... is specified". This implies that it _is_ safe to use this utility with devices that have mounted file systems on them. Following this theme further, a disk with active mounted file systems may cause the data read back to be different (due to caching activity) to what was written and hence a checksum error. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_test_rwbuf is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by D. Gilbert and K. Garloff COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Douglas Gilbert, Kurt Garloff This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.35 November 2012 SG_TEST_RWBUF(8)