Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: Comparing arguments with in line values of file and printing the result Post 302906722 by RudiC on Monday 23rd of June 2014 07:30:58 AM
Old 06-23-2014
Point taken, but the spec says:
Quote:
Each block will have a value 118,1:TIMESTAMP.
Anyhow, wouldn't hurt to delete DAT after every line...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printing: strange result

Dear all, I am using awk in a bash script to extract a list of x y z coordinates from a file such as: %BEGIN 3D-SPACE COORDINATES 0.2085627338147950 0.2471306816410478 0.2085627338147950 0.1242549179185660 0.2755539793525220 0.4147884486606120 0.2030669560265720 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pauli
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two text files by a column and printing values that do not match

I have two text files where the first three columns are exactly the same. I want to compare the fourth column of the text files and if the values are different, print that row into a new output file. How do I go about doing that? File 1: 100 rs3794811 0.01 0.3434 100 rs8066551 0.01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
8 Replies

3. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Comparing Parenthesized Values In Previous Line To Current Line

I am trying to delete lines in archived Apache httpd logs Each line has the pattern: <ip-address> - - <date-time> <document-request-URL> <http-response> <size-of-req'd-doc> <referring-document-URL> This pattern is shown in the example of 6 lines from the log in the code box below. These 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Proteomist
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two test files and printing out the values that do not match

Hi, I have two text files with matching first columns. Some of the values in the second column do not match. I want to write a script to print out the rows (only the first column) where the values in the second column do not match. Example: Input 1 A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 Input 2 A 2 B 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line arguments with multiple values

how can I pass multiple values from command line arguments example script.sh -arg1 op1 -arg2 op1 op2 op3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing $values using awk

Hi All I had requirement where I need to re-order columns in a file by using a control file. here is the ctrl file c1 c2 c3 source file c3 | c1 | c2 a | b| c I should create output file based on the ctrl file columns o/p should look like this c1 | c2 | c3 b| c|a I wrote some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing same column from two files, printing whole row with matching values

First I'd like to apologize if I opened a thread which is already open somewhere. I did a bit of searching but could quite find what I was looking for, so I will try to explaing what I need. I'm writing a script on our server, got to a point where I have two files with results. Example: File1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitabrev83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file lines and pass line values as arguments.

Dears, Need help to implement below requirement A file (detail.txt)contain : 1st column: Stream 2nd column: PathAddress 3rd column: Counterlimit 4th column: TransactionDateColumn 5th column: DateType 6th column: SleepValue 7th column: Status Need to write a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)