Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: Comparing arguments with in line values of file and printing the result Post 302906706 by RudiC on Monday 23rd of June 2014 06:17:16 AM
Old 06-23-2014
This one relies on the empty line block separator trailing the P1 blocks:
Code:
awk 'match($0, /118,1:/) {DAT=substr($0, RSTART+6, 6)} /^P1/ && DAT>T1 && DAT<T2' RS= T1=201305 T2=201307 file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printing: strange result

Dear all, I am using awk in a bash script to extract a list of x y z coordinates from a file such as: %BEGIN 3D-SPACE COORDINATES 0.2085627338147950 0.2471306816410478 0.2085627338147950 0.1242549179185660 0.2755539793525220 0.4147884486606120 0.2030669560265720 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pauli
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two text files by a column and printing values that do not match

I have two text files where the first three columns are exactly the same. I want to compare the fourth column of the text files and if the values are different, print that row into a new output file. How do I go about doing that? File 1: 100 rs3794811 0.01 0.3434 100 rs8066551 0.01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
8 Replies

3. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Comparing Parenthesized Values In Previous Line To Current Line

I am trying to delete lines in archived Apache httpd logs Each line has the pattern: <ip-address> - - <date-time> <document-request-URL> <http-response> <size-of-req'd-doc> <referring-document-URL> This pattern is shown in the example of 6 lines from the log in the code box below. These 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Proteomist
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two test files and printing out the values that do not match

Hi, I have two text files with matching first columns. Some of the values in the second column do not match. I want to write a script to print out the rows (only the first column) where the values in the second column do not match. Example: Input 1 A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 Input 2 A 2 B 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line arguments with multiple values

how can I pass multiple values from command line arguments example script.sh -arg1 op1 -arg2 op1 op2 op3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing $values using awk

Hi All I had requirement where I need to re-order columns in a file by using a control file. here is the ctrl file c1 c2 c3 source file c3 | c1 | c2 a | b| c I should create output file based on the ctrl file columns o/p should look like this c1 | c2 | c3 b| c|a I wrote some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing same column from two files, printing whole row with matching values

First I'd like to apologize if I opened a thread which is already open somewhere. I did a bit of searching but could quite find what I was looking for, so I will try to explaing what I need. I'm writing a script on our server, got to a point where I have two files with results. Example: File1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitabrev83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file lines and pass line values as arguments.

Dears, Need help to implement below requirement A file (detail.txt)contain : 1st column: Stream 2nd column: PathAddress 3rd column: Counterlimit 4th column: TransactionDateColumn 5th column: DateType 6th column: SleepValue 7th column: Status Need to write a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
dat_strerror(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions					dat_strerror(3DAT)

NAME
dat_strerror - convert a DAT return code into human readable strings SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_strerror( IN DAT_RETURN return, OUT const char **major_message, OUT const char **minor_message ) PARAMETERS
return DAT function return value. message A pointer to a character string for the return. DESCRIPTION
The dat_strerror() function converts a DAT return code into human readable strings. The major_message is a string-converted DAT_TYPE_STA- TUS, while minor_message is a string-converted DAT_SUBTYPE_STATUS. If the return of this function is not DAT_SUCCESS, the values of major_message and minor_message are not defined. If an undefined DAT_RETURN value was passed as the return parameter, the operation fails with DAT_INVALID_PARAMETER returned. The operation succeeds when DAT_SUCCESS is passed in as the return parameter. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INVALID_PARAMETER Invalid parameter. The return value is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Jul 2004 dat_strerror(3DAT)