Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Any good tools to backup few files on Win 7 Post 302906596 by ruellesmith on Saturday 21st of June 2014 06:46:19 AM
Old 06-21-2014
I use syncback it is a full-featured backup software available in both freeware and shareware versions. It has limitations that the shareware version doesn't, like inability to backup open files, but both versions offer extensive features.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there kind of good utility that convert make files to dsp?

Hello all im looking for some kind of utility that convert make files to dsp files is there any kind of tool/script that does this job? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare two text files in a good format

I am writting a script where I have to Campare two text files. I have 3 text files named by s_list, s_list_new and dmg_file. where I have to compare s_list and s_list_new and whatever the unique values are in s_list I have to add that in the dmg_file. And the values they are only in s_list_new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Give Win Explorer a hint to graphics files w/o extensions?

All: Benjamin Fournier wrote a plug-in for the graphics application PhotoFiltre Studio that inspired me, since I also happen to use the XnView Shell Extension and have seen what it can do, to look into the possibility of getting Windows XP Pro SP3's Explorer file navigator to "hazard a guess at"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Files

Hi, Using the shell script, how can I backup the files. /etc/password, /etc/group , /etc/shadow and more and needs a backup like /etc/password.12Mar12.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Backup tools

Hi all, I want good backup tool in linux, which is used most in real time. I know some back up tools like tar, dump, cpio, scp, cp in linux. Please some body help me, then i will learn. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup Win server 08 onto Solaris

Greetings fellows, So, we have a Win8 server which is a profile server; its main purpose is to have a shared disc called Homes for roaming profiles. We want to create a backup, and copy files from this "Homes" drive onto SOlaris. We have read we could do it with rsync. Another engineer,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to backup a directory (sub-directories/files) files from one server on to other ?

Hello, Server A: /directory1/ Server B: /Backups/ i wanted to backup contents of /directory1 from "server A" on to "Server B" every 1 hour. If there is any change in (only new/differences) contents on serverA (directory1/) supposed to be backeup on next run. I did used rsync command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
       backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode

SYNOPSIS
       quit [-help]

q [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive
       command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command
       also exits interactive mode.

CAUTIONS
       To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the
       backup kill command to terminate them as necessary.

OPTIONS
       -help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command exits interactive mode:

backup> quit
	  %

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    BACKUP_QUIT(8)