Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Any good tools to backup few files on Win 7 Post 302906596 by ruellesmith on Saturday 21st of June 2014 06:46:19 AM
Old 06-21-2014
I use syncback it is a full-featured backup software available in both freeware and shareware versions. It has limitations that the shareware version doesn't, like inability to backup open files, but both versions offer extensive features.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there kind of good utility that convert make files to dsp?

Hello all im looking for some kind of utility that convert make files to dsp files is there any kind of tool/script that does this job? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare two text files in a good format

I am writting a script where I have to Campare two text files. I have 3 text files named by s_list, s_list_new and dmg_file. where I have to compare s_list and s_list_new and whatever the unique values are in s_list I have to add that in the dmg_file. And the values they are only in s_list_new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Give Win Explorer a hint to graphics files w/o extensions?

All: Benjamin Fournier wrote a plug-in for the graphics application PhotoFiltre Studio that inspired me, since I also happen to use the XnView Shell Extension and have seen what it can do, to look into the possibility of getting Windows XP Pro SP3's Explorer file navigator to "hazard a guess at"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Files

Hi, Using the shell script, how can I backup the files. /etc/password, /etc/group , /etc/shadow and more and needs a backup like /etc/password.12Mar12.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Backup tools

Hi all, I want good backup tool in linux, which is used most in real time. I know some back up tools like tar, dump, cpio, scp, cp in linux. Please some body help me, then i will learn. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup Win server 08 onto Solaris

Greetings fellows, So, we have a Win8 server which is a profile server; its main purpose is to have a shared disc called Homes for roaming profiles. We want to create a backup, and copy files from this "Homes" drive onto SOlaris. We have read we could do it with rsync. Another engineer,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to backup a directory (sub-directories/files) files from one server on to other ?

Hello, Server A: /directory1/ Server B: /Backups/ i wanted to backup contents of /directory1 from "server A" on to "Server B" every 1 hour. If there is any change in (only new/differences) contents on serverA (directory1/) supposed to be backeup on next run. I did used rsync command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)