Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Renaming part of a text file ? Post 302906581 by pasc on Friday 20th of June 2014 06:34:09 PM
Old 06-20-2014
Renaming part of a text file ?

I have several files that are named like this "DotP_D14 - Verknüpfung"

They all have the " - Verknüpfung" in common.

I'd like to rename all of them to get rid of that last part.

Is this possible with DOS on windows ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving part of Text in a file

Hi, I have this text in a file where I need to move part of the text.... <Relation1 OriginatingObjectID="Holding_1" RelatedObjectID="Party_1" id="Relation_1"> <OriginatingObjectType tc="4">Holding</OriginatingObjectType> <RelatedObjectType tc="6">Party</RelatedObjectType>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming part of a file

how I can change content ( know it) and part of a file name based on a pattern. i have a file xxx_yyy I also have to change inside contect frm xxx to yyy. I can do that with sed but how i can change the part of file name in the same time processing in for each *; do loop thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming part of a file

I have file like this xxxx_yyyy.sh tttt_yyyy.sh aaaa_yyyy.sh how can I do that ? please help me thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the latest added part of a text file?

Hi, I want to get the latest added part of a text file sent over the network to for analysis. Is there a tool to use to keep track of which part of a text file that has already been analysed so only the "new" lines will be sent and handled? I have checked a few tools but I still don´t know how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcrs
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a part of the text in a file

*************** #some other text ***************** *************** #some other text ***************** address1=1.1.1.1 address2=2.2.2.2 address3=3.3.3.3 I have a file where i need to push all the text starting from address1 till end of file to, below . Can anyone of you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthgoodboy
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting part of a text file

Hi guys So I have a very large log file where each event is logged along with the time that it occurred. So for e.g. The contents of the file look like: ... 12:00:07 event 0 happened. 12:01:01 event 1 happened. 12:01:05 event 2 happened. 12:01:30 event 3 happened. 12:02:01 event 4... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinaqvi90
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove part of a column in a text file

I have a text file with delimiter "|" and sometimes the zipcode is in "5th" column or "6th" column. I want to scan the file and remove the "-2323" from the zipcode which has zip+4 digits From blah|blah|foo|bar||blah|945523-232|USA blah|blah|foo|bar||blah|foo|94555-2323|USA To... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract part of text file

I need to extract the following lines from this text and put it in different files. From xxxx@gmail.com Thu Jun 10 21:15:46 2010 Return-Path: <xxxxx@gmail.com> X-Original-To: xxx@localhost Delivered-To:xxxx@localhost Received: from ubuntu (localhost ) by ubuntu (Postfix) with ESMTP... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: waxo
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Filenames by replacing a part

Hi, I have little experience on Shell scripts, I searched the forum but couldn't make out what I want. I want to rename a set of files to a new file name a_b_20100101 c_d_20100101 ....................... ...................... I want to rename the files to a_b_20140101... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaisonJ
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files with part of their pathname and copying them to new directory

Hi I think this should be relatively simple but I can't figure it out. I have several files with the same name in different folders within a directory (the output of a program that I ran). Something like this: ./myAnalysis/item1/round1/myoutput.txt ./myAnalysis/item1/round2/myoutput.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jullee
2 Replies
XSaveContext(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						XSaveContext(3X11)

NAME
XSaveContext, XFindContext, XDeleteContext, XUniqueContext - associative look-up routines SYNTAX
int XSaveContext(display, rid, context, data) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XPointer data; int XFindContext(display, rid, context, data_return) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XPointer *data_return; int XDeleteContext(display, rid, context) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XContext XUniqueContext() ARGUMENTS
context Specifies the context type to which the data belongs. data Specifies the data to be associated with the window and type. data_return Returns the data. display Specifies the connection to the X server. rid Specifies the resource ID with which the data is associated. DESCRIPTION
If an entry with the specified resource ID and type already exists, XSaveContext overrides it with the specified context. The XSaveContext function returns a nonzero error code if an error has occurred and zero otherwise. Possible errors are XCNOMEM (out of memory). Because it is a return value, the data is a pointer. The XFindContext function returns a nonzero error code if an error has occurred and zero otherwise. Possible errors are XCNOENT (context-not-found). The XDeleteContext function deletes the entry for the given resource ID and type from the data structure. This function returns the same error codes that XFindContext returns if called with the same arguments. XDeleteContext does not free the data whose address was saved. The XUniqueContext function creates a unique context type that may be used in subsequent calls to XSaveContext. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSaveContext(3X11)