Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in replacing a variable in shell scripting Post 302906574 by jawaugh on Friday 20th of June 2014 05:22:14 PM
Old 06-20-2014
Thanks blackrageous.

Is it possible to do using sed command?

---------- Post updated at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:21 PM ----------

oops, its a typo. It's NSPMHOME.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a number with random variable inside shell script

Hi All. I need help for the below logic. I ve a file like following input file: NopTX(5) // should be remain same as input ----Nop(@100); //1 Nop(90); //2 --Nop(80); //3 @Nop(70); //4 --@Nop(60); //5 @Nop@(@50); //6 --Nop@( 40); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable declaration in shell scripting

Hi all, How to print variable value which i have assigned inside for loop because that variable scope is local, but i want to use that variable outside for loop. Awaiting your great help Thanks, Susil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susilgandhi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting

I am trying to assgn the output of the select statement to a variable, like this "VARIABLE_NAME=$ db2 "select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK'"; " but the value that is getting into VARIABLE_NAME is "COLUMN_NAME_1 ----------------- VALUE 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgmini
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(solved) Shell scripting to access SQLPLUS using variable

I have shell script which will try to login to SQL Plus and retrieve some data, based on the outcome i will proceed further Below is the content of the file pebblz02% cat test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh dummyvar=`sqlplus -S csm_admin/csm_admin@SIDNAME <<EOF echo hi; exit; EOF` Error message on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output into variable-in unix shell scripting

Hi, Output of "ps -o etime,time,pcpu,pmem,fname -C sbd-java" command is - Elapsed Time %cpu %MEM COMMAND 02:14:03 00:03:28 2.5 6.3 sbd-java Can anyone tell me, how to store the the value 2.5 in a variable? When I say echo $X where x is a variable then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching multiple lines and replacing in shell scripting

Hi, I have a file with below contents, ssenthil = rw anilkg = rw I want to search for "ssenthil" and need to delete line 1 and 2 , if the third line starts with "" respectively and blank line immediately and third line starts with " anilkg = rw Please help me . Great day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use case insensitive variable in ksh shell scripting using sed or awk

I am using a variable called $variable in a pattern search to print from a starting variable to a constant value. the variable search should be case in sensitive. i tired using Ip at the end in the below command. but in ksh it is not working. sed -n "/$variable/,/constant/p" file i also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjs
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting Variable doubt

Dear Friends, If i give the command echo $- i am getting output of himBH. Can some body explain what does it means echo $- himBH Thanks in Advance Rajkumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with variable assignment and reading in shell scripting

Hi, I have an inputfile with some table names in it. For ex: t_arnge t_profl t_fac I need a script which reads the line one by one and need to assign to some dynamic variable. If to explain the above example: i need some a=table_name1 table_name1=t_arnge in first time and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Unable to pass a space inside a variable shell scripting

Can anyone help me in solving this ? p=`date` e=`echo $p | awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $p Wed Aug 4 12:00:08 IST 2013 but when I am echoing the value of e it is giving me with one space. As shown below: # echo $e Aug 4 I need this value to be exact as found in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)