Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Hardware and system timing are different Post 302906369 by manjusharma128 on Thursday 19th of June 2014 06:57:38 AM
Old 06-19-2014
Hi Guys!!!

->I checked the output on my both server and showing below output:

Code:
Server01
[root@server01 ~]# chkconfig --list | grep ntp
ntpd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
[root@server01 ~]# ps -ef |grep ntp
ntp       4135     1  0 May30 ?        00:00:00 ntpd -u ntp:ntp -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g
root     17003 16771  0 18:52 pts/0    00:00:00 grep ntp
[root@server01 ~]# who -r
         run-level 3  2014-05-30 16:06                   last=S
[root@server01 ~]# date
Thu Jun 19 18:53:10 SGT 2014
[root@server01 ~]#

Server02
Code:
[root@server02 ~]# chkconfig --list | grep ntp
ntpd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
[root@server02 ~]# ps -ef |grep ntp
root     15332 15261  0 18:55 pts/0    00:00:00 grep ntp
ntp      25876     1  0 Jun10 ?        00:00:00 ntpd -u ntp:ntp -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g
[root@server02 ~]# date
Thu Jun 19 18:55:49 SGT 2014
[root@server02 ~]#

->That means that after system reboot ntp services will automatically start.

Thanks guys for your help and support. Without getting ans from you guys, resolving issue was difficult.
Now my issue solved.

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-19-2014 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What command to check system hardware

What command can I run on a Solaris 8 server to check the hardware (ie number of processors, speed of processors, installed memory etc). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp timing out

having problems using scp in that during peak hours it appears to time out. anyone have similar experiences? any thoughts regarding a solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jph
1 Replies

3. Programming

timing your functions

hi everyone. If you have a function created in your code and you want to find out how long it takes for it to run you can use a struct called gettimeofday(). so lets say we have a function like this int myfunction (int r) { /*some math calculations*/ return answer; } How do i set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
3 Replies

4. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

5. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing a script

i have a very big script i have that i'd like to add a timeout to. this script runs on a several remote host. i update this script with timeout clause and then copy it over to all the hosts on which it is currently on. basically, i want the timeout to make the script abort/exit if it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

9. SCO

Need Help Installing Legacy System on Newer Hardware

We have a legacy software application that runs on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, and the current server (built around 2003-04) is still running. I have been attempting to upgrade the hardware, to hopefully increase the time that we will have access to the data in this system, but am running into an... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: spock9458
13 Replies
ntp-wait(1)							   User Commands						       ntp-wait(1)

NAME
ntp-wait - Wait for ntpd to stabilize the system clock SYNOPSIS
ntp-wait [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
ntp-wait will send at most num-tries queries to ntpd(8), sleeping for secs-between-tries after each status return that says ntpd(8) has not yet produced a synchronized and stable system clock. ntp-wait will do this quietly, unless the -v flag is provided. This can be useful at boot time, to delay the boot sequence until after ntpd -g has set the time. OPTIONS
-n number, --tries=number Number of times to check ntpd. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default number for this option is: 100 The maximum number of times we will check ntpd to see if it has been able to synchronize and stabilize the system clock. -s secs-between-tries, --sleep=secs-between-tries How long to sleep between tries. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default secs-between-tries for this option is: 6 We will sleep for secs-between-tries after each query of ntpd that returns "the time is not yet stable". -v, --verbose Be verbose. By default, ntp-wait is silent. With this option, ntp-wait will provide status information. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Harlan Stenn NOTES
This document corresponds to version 4.2.8p13 of NTP. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the ntp-wait option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 ntp-wait(1)