Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX /usr/sbin/snmpdm logging level default? Post 302906307 by hlutz on Wednesday 18th of June 2014 03:34:15 PM
Old 06-18-2014
HP HP-UX /usr/sbin/snmpdm logging level default?

Hi,

I'm not an HP-UX SysAdmin and work with Linux Systems a bit more but I have a question about the logging level for the snmpdm. We don't specify or modify anything so we're probably taking the default? What is the default?

I see in the man page these options are available:

Code:
Turn off logging 0 0x00000000 LOGGING_OFF
Log factory trace messages 8388608 0x00800000 FACTORY_TRACE
Log factory warning messages 268435456 0x10000000 FACTORY_WARN
Log factory error messages 536870912 0x20000000 FACTORY_ERROR
Log factory configure messages 65536 0x00010000 FACTORY_CONFIG
Log factory packet messages 131072 0x00020000 FACTORY_PACKET
Log factory trap messages 262144 0x00040000 FACTORY_TRAP
Log factory access messages 524288 0x00080000 FACTORY_ACCESS
Log factory emanate messages 1048576 0x00100000 FACTORY_EMANATE
Log factory verbose messages 2097152 0x00200000 FACTORY_VERBOSE
Log factory user messages 4194304 0x00400000 FACTORY_USER
Log factory thread messages 1073741824 0x40000000 FACTORY_THREAD
Log factory timer messages 2147483648 0x80000000 FACTORY_TIMER

Thanks in advance for any info. I've posted on another forum to no avail and have researched but cannot find the answer. Smilie
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Code tags for code please.

Last edited by Corona688; 06-18-2014 at 04:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/sbin/getty

How can i restart the console getty without rebooting the system on HPUX 11.0 Normally it will be stated by ps -ef | grep getty console 0:00 /usr/sbin/getty console console many thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iceman_denmark
4 Replies

2. Solaris

WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found - Please help

WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount of /usr failed or the /usr filesystem is badly damaged. The system is being halted. Either re-install the system of boot with -b option in an attempt to recover Anyone help me on restoring this without having to reinstall. it is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
8 Replies

3. Solaris

different between /sbin/init and /usr/sbin/init

root@test09 # ls -al /sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 550000 Jun 29 2002 /sbin/init root@test09 # ls -al /usr/sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 37100 Jun 29 2002 /usr/sbin/init (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userking
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

syslog: /usr/sbin/envd[1075]:

hi friends, what is the meaning of this error ? syslog: /usr/sbin/envd: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
2 Replies

5. Solaris

crontab /usr/sbin/rtc log rc=1

I noticed in my cron log file for my solaris 8 servers the rc=1. I imagine that is return code and something did not process. Does anyone know what that is, is there fix or the implications of leaving it? Thank you > CMD: && /usr/sbin/rtc -c > /dev/null 2>&1 > root 22049 c Fri Dec 19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

/usr/sbin/crond: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid,

please tell pre-requisite steps to activate cron. i activated the cron but it not executing the script which i set in crontab entry.through root user i passed the service crond start it get start.but when i go to etc/init.d and passed crond stop command.it gets crond: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umair
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libquazip.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.

I thought I would document this error since its not documented very well. The package or file may be different but the idea is the same. $ sudo yum updateLoaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit, versionlock Setting up Update Process Resolving Dependencies --> Running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for /usr/sbin/userdbset on Linux

Hello. I am currently on HPUX and migrating to Linux RHEL 6.4 This program on hpux: /usr/sbin/userdbset is puzzling me on linux. Does anyone know the equivilent program forked or used on linux. This program is mentioned in our user reset script. here is a strings of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
2 Replies

9. AIX

/usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group

Dear Expret, Help me about my issue, I trying add new disk to volume Group but error: step add new disk to volume group. 1. ~Change a Volume Group Add a Physical Volume to a Volume Group Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group Reorganize a Volume Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

"/usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show" command does not work

Dear Concern, We have observed that following command stuck/does not work in some RedHat nodes. Please advise us to troubleshoot the issue. /usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show Note: HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux 64-bit With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies
vollogcnvt(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     vollogcnvt(8)

NAME
vollogcnvt - Logical Storage Manager BCL-to-DRL logging conversion utility SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/vollogcnvt [-g diskgroup] OPTIONS
Limits the conversion of logging subdisks to volumes in the specified disk group. DESCRIPTION
The vollogcnvt script is a migration tool for Logical Storage Manager (LSM) administrators who are currently using the block-change logging (BCL) feature. Beginning with the Version 5.0 release of Tru64 UNIX, the BCL feature of LSM is being replaced with the dirty-region logging (DRL) feature. The vollogcnvt script attempts to convert volumes with BCL enabled to volumes with DRL enabled. If called without specifying a disk group, vollogcnvt attempts the BCL-to-DRL conversion for all volumes across all disk groups. If logging cannot be re-enabled in the DRL scheme, a warning is sent to the console. For volumes whose BCL subdisks will not work in the DRL scheme, logging is disabled. Log subdisks that cannot be converted to DRL will be disassociated from its volume only if at least one of the log subdisks for that volume could be converted. Otherwise, the configuration will not change and logging will be disabled. Those volumes that could not be converted, for example all of its log subdisks are too small, will have logging disabled. At system startup, the vollogcnvt script runs automatically and logs such errors to binlog and sends mail to root. This happens at each reboot until the DRL is manually converted or when logging is disabled. If the script runs at startup or manually, warnings are sent to the console. For details and guidelines on using DRL, refer to the Logical Storage Manager guide. SEE ALSO
binlogd(8), dia(8), volintro(8) vollogcnvt(8)