Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris V240 no OBP or console available Post 302906162 by Perderabo on Tuesday 17th of June 2014 04:01:09 PM
Old 06-17-2014
@hicksd8

Smilie
What you suggest is possible. ALOM is alive while the system is powered off. You can signon to ALOM and then use the "poweron" command to apply power to box. But there is also a power button. If this guy has been working on two dead V240's for a full week, I would assume that he is applying power. If not, then I would certainly recommend powering the system on as the very next thing to try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP saying boot is disabled??

Hi all, need your help again :P I am trying to build a server in work, and it comes up with the OBP (Open Boot Prompt) and when i try and install the cdrom "boot cdrom -s" it throws back the following error: "System is not bootable, boot command is disabled" This is trying to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OBP on Solaris 10-intel

Hi All, How can I go to OBP on Solaris 10-intel? I tried doing ctrl+c or ctrl+break, it won't go to the "ok" prompt. Thanks in advance, itik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

4. Solaris

OBP search...

Hello experts... In OBP(OK prompt)... How can i know whole command if i know part of a command? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

6. Solaris

OBP update

hi all i am using sun blade 150 (sparc) running solaris 5.10 on that. How can i update the OBP firmware? where cai download the latest (compatible) version for this hardware? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP explained.

Hi Gurus, Correct me if I am wrong. Booting an OS means loading it in memory . What is OBP in solaris. If we are typing some commands at ok> where are we actually do that. What is the difference between frimware and OBP. I know I am asking silly things but I need answers. :):) Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with OBP.

Hi Gurus, I am totally confused :wall: . I have some questions regarding OBP,EEPROMand NVRAM, BIOS. What actually are these how do they function and interact on a Sparc based solaris system. What is ok> ? What is system Firmware ? How does the system startup? Trying to google... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
8 Replies

9. Solaris

[SOLVED] Console connection to V240

My apologies if this is posted/answered elsewhere. I have recently been tasked with getting 2 Sun V240's running Solaris 10 up and working. I should mention I come from the programming side of life with a small amount of networking on Windows 2003 servers. They boot, no error lights, hd's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
6 Replies

10. Solaris

T4-2 OBP problem

Hi can anyone help me Got a T4-2, when I try to save any enviroment varaible at the OBP for instance auto-boot false or output-device screen I get the error: Warning: Error storing configuration. No space left, check SP and other logs. Cleared the SP logs (well only ones I could find) did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)