Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Removing ONLY UNIQUE blank spaces with sed? Post 302905979 by RudiC on Monday 16th of June 2014 11:16:11 AM
Old 06-16-2014
Try
Code:
awk 'NF==0 {next} $1==1 && NR>1 {print "\n"}1' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces from a file?

Guys, I need some help... how can I remove the blank spaces between the lines below? (between the date and the hour fields) 21/05/07 00:05:00 99 21/05/07 00:10:01 99 21/05/07 00:15:00 99 21/05/07 00:20:00 99 21/05/07 00:25:00 99 I want to make the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling blank spaces

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes when I am find embedded spaces with in the fields. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK,SEX,ADDRESS 1,Robert,74538,12,34, M,Robert Street, NY 2,Sam,07564,13,M,12 Main Ave, CA 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14,M,123D ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing blank spaces from text files in UNIX

Hello, I am an super newbie, so forgive my sheer ignorance. I have a series of text files formatted as follows (just showing the header and first few lines): mean_geo mean_raw lat lon 0.000 0 -70.616 163.021 0.000 0 -70.620 163.073 0.000 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtoniolo
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read blank spaces

hi i have a file which store some data.the contents of my file is data1:data2 data3:data4 i have a script which read this file correct="$(cat /root/sh | cut -d: -f1)" i used this syntax..please help me which syntax is used to read blank spaces.and then remove it and after that how to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing blank spaces in a script

Hi I am writing a shell to run sqlplus scripts. i found a issue in my scripts that oracle will not spool a file if there is blank spaces in the word like /backup dir/scriptrelease/1_DDL or /backupdir/script release/2_DDL can we write some thing in the shell to make "/backup dir" to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Removing blank spaces

Hi , I want to go out of vi editor temporarily and execute a command in command prompt and again going back to the editor . Is it possible . Any help on this is really helpful. 1. Need to open vi 2. Temporarily come out and execute a command and go back to vi editor (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank/white spaces and special characters

Hello All , 1. I am trying to do a task where I need to remove Blank spaces from my file , I am usingawk '{$1=$1}{print}' file>file1Input :- ;05/12/1990 ;31/03/2014 ; Output:- ;05/12/1990 ;31/03/2014 ;This command is not removing all spaces from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu sood
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank spaces

Dear Masters, I want to remove all lines with blank spaces input file: a|abc|0|1 a|abc|2|3 b||3|5 c|def||7 d|def|0|1 Expected: a|abc|0|1 a|abc|2|3 d|def|0|1 I did this awk -F'|' '!/^$/' input (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies
nmea(3tcl)						   NMEA protocol implementation 						nmea(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
nmea - Process NMEA data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require nmea ?1.0.0? ::nmea::input sentence ::nmea::open_port port ?speed? ::nmea::close_port ::nmea::configure_port settings ::nmea::open_file file ?rate? ::nmea::close_file ::nmea::do_line ::nmea::rate ::nmea::log ?file? ::nmea::checksum data ::nmea::write sentence data ::nmea::event setence ?command? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a standard interface for writing software which recieves NMEA standard input data. It allows for reading data from COM ports, files, or programmatic input. It also supports the checksumming and logging of incoming data. After parsing, input is dis- patched to user defined handler commands for processing. To define a handler, see the event command. There are no GPS specific functions in this package. NMEA data consists of a sentence type, followed by a list of data. COMMANDS
::nmea::input sentence Processes and dispatches the supplied sentence. If sentence contains no commas it is treated as a Tcl list, otherwise it must be standard comma delimited NMEA data, with an optional checksum and leading $. nmea::input {$GPGSA,A,3,04,05,,09,12,,,24,,,,,2.5,1.3,2.1*39} nmea::input [list GPGSA A 3 04 05 09 12 "" "" 24 "" "" "" 2.5 1.3 2.1] ::nmea::open_port port ?speed? Open the specified COM port and read NMEA sentences when available. Port speed is set to 4800bps by default or to speed. ::nmea::close_port Close the com port connection if one is open. ::nmea::configure_port settings Changes the current port settings. settings has the same format as fconfigure -mode. ::nmea::open_file file ?rate? Open file file and read NMEA sentences, one per line, at the rate specified by ?rate? in milliseconds. The file format may omit the leading $ and/or the checksum. If rate is <= 0 (the default) then lines will only be processed when a call to do_line is made. ::nmea::close_file Close the open file if one exists. ::nmea::do_line If there is a currently open file, this command will read and process a single line from it. Returns the number of lines read. ::nmea::rate Sets the rate at which lines are processed from the open file, in milliseconds. The rate remains consistant across files, there does not need to be a file currently open to use this command. Set to 0 to disable automatic line processing. ::nmea::log ?file? Starts or stops input logging. If a file name is specified then all NMEA data recieved on the open port will be logged to the ?file? in append mode. If file is an empty string then any logging will be stopped. If no file is specified then returns a boolean value indicating if logging is currently enabled. Data written to the port by write, data read from files, or input made using input, is not logged. ::nmea::checksum data Returns the checksum of the supplied data. ::nmea::write sentence data If there is a currently open port, this command will write the specified sentence and data to the port in proper NMEA checksummed format. ::nmea::event setence ?command? Registers a handler proc for a given NMEA sentence. There may be at most one handler per sentence, any existing handler is replaced. If no command is specified, returns the name of the current handler for the given setence or an empty string if none exists. In addition to the incoming sentences there are 2 builtin types, EOF and DEFAULT. The handler for the DEFAULT setence is invoked if there is not a specific handler for that sentence. The EOF handler is invoked when End Of File is reached on the open file or port. The handler procedures, with the exception of the builtin types,must take exactly one argument, which is a list of the data values. The DEFAULT handler should have two arguments, the sentence type and the data values. The EOF handler has no arguments. nmea::event gpgsa parse_sat_detail nmea::event default handle_unknown proc parse_sat_detail {data} { puts [lindex $data 1] } proc handle_unknown {name data} { puts "unknown data type $name" } BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category nmea of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
gps, nmea CATEGORY
Networking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2009, Aaron Faupell <afaupell@users.sourceforge.net> nmea 1.0.0 nmea(3tcl)