Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing the Apache Installation directory in Linux Post 302905973 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 16th of June 2014 10:39:34 AM
Old 06-16-2014
Did you try this ? man yum

Code:
--installroot=root
    Specifies an alternative installroot, relative to which all packages will be installed.
    Configuration Option: installroot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache 2.0 installation

Hi all! I've got big problems while installing Apache 2.0 on my HPUX 11 machine. I have configured the installation script with "./configure --prefix=/opt/apache" and run "make". All things looking good. But when i execute "make install" i have two errors, first: and second and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
1 Replies

2. Solaris

apache installation

I have installed sunsolaris 10 in sparc machine.In that how to run apache bydefault apache is installed on /etc file. I have logged in as a root changed the directory to cd /etc/apache2/ from there i have copied httpd.conf-example to httpd.conf #cp httpd.conf-example httpd.conf after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache 2 doesnt create SMF service at installation

Hello everybody, I intended to use Apache 2 first time on my S10 U7 box. But the package (V2) is not ok for the developpers and they need 2.2.12 somehow. I removed Apache 1.3 and installed 2.2.12 with the stream package which I downloaded from Sunfreeware.com It's running perfectly if I start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowfaxxxx
2 Replies

4. AIX

Apache Installation issue

HI Guys, I got the below error while trying to install the apache2.2.15. from the error I can interpret that some of the .h files are missing. I guess those are C library header files.. Can you help me with it. bash-3.00# make Making all in srclib Making all in apr /bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
3 Replies

5. Solaris

apache and php installation..

hi i need to install apache and php on my solaris server .. can u tell me the procedure... tell me as soon as possible.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Mysql apache installation

on ubuntu lamp server how to install mysql and apache? any instructions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinathk
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Apache installation error

Hi, I'm getting the below error when trying to run configure from apache 2.0.64. configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check I navigated through the forum and found some users experiencing this problem and the solution was to install kernel-headers. But i'm not able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prithvirao17
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Apache 2.2.21 installation on solaris 10

Hi , I am new to the unix environment. I need to install apache 2.2.21 on my machine. I have tried configuring apache from /etc/apache2 directory. But now I want to install it under a separate user. Can anybody tell me the step by step procedure to install it under separate user,please ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bikas89
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Apache Server installation

Hi, can we install two diferent versions of apache on same server for different applications? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Help troubleshooting new Apache installation on HPUX 11.31

Hi Guys! I have a very odd problem while installing Apache in an HPUX 11.31, What I did was downloaded the latest webserver suite from hp software, installed using swinstall, everything was extracted properly. The apache version was 2.2.15 Now the issue comes when I run it, it starts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliper
3 Replies
repoquery(1)															      repoquery(1)

NAME
repoquery - query information from Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
repoquery [options] <item ...> repoquery -a [options] DESCRIPTION
repoquery is a program for querying information from YUM repositories similarly to rpm queries. GENERAL OPTIONS
--querytags List valid queryformat tags and exit.. -v, --version Report program version and exit. --repoid=<repo> Specify which repository to query. Using this option disables all repositories not explicitly enabled with --repoid option (can be used multiple times). By default repoquery uses whatever repositories are enabled in YUM configuration. --enablerepo=<repo> In addition to the default set, query the given additional repository, even if it is disabled in YUM configuration. Can be used multiple times. --disablerepo=<repo> Do not query the given repository, even if it is enabled in YUM configuration. Can be used multiple times. --repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url> Specify a path or url to a repository (same path as in a baseurl) to add to the repositories for this query. This option can be used multiple times. If you want to view only the pkgs from this repository combine this with --repoid. The repoid for the repository is specified by <repoid>. --plugins Enable YUM plugin support. -q, --query For rpmquery compatibility, doesn't do anything. -h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. --quiet Run quietly: no warnings printed to stderr. --verbose Produce verbose output. -C, --cache Tells repoquery to run entirely from YUM cache - does not download any metadata or update the cache. Queries in this mode can fail or give partial/incorrect results if the cache isn't fully populated beforehand with eg "yum makecache". --tempcache Create and use a private cache instead of the main YUM cache. This is used by default when run as non-root user. -c <config file>, --config=<config file> Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf). --releasever=version Pretend the current release version is the given string. This is very useful when combined with --installroot. You can also use --releasever=/ to take the releasever information from outside the installroot. Note that with the default upstream cachedir, of /var/cache/yum, using this option will corrupt your cache (and you can use $releasever in your cachedir configuration to stop this). --installroot=root Specifies an alternative installroot, relative to which all packages will be installed. Think of this like doing "chroot <root> yum" except using --installroot allows yum to work before the chroot is created. Note: You may also want to use the option --relea- sever=/ when creating the installroot as otherwise the $releasever value is taken from the rpmdb within the installroot (and thus. will be empty, before creation). --setopt=option=value Set any config option in yum config or repo files. For options in the global config just use: --setopt=option=value for repo options use: --setopt=repoid.option=value PACKAGE QUERY OPTIONS
-i, --info Show general information about package similarly to "rpm -qi" -l, --list List files in package. -R, --requires List package dependencies. --resolve When used with --requires, resolve capabilities to originating packages. --provides List capabilities package provides. --obsoletes List capabilities obsoleted by package. --conflicts List capabilities conflicting with package. --changelog List package changelog. --location Show a location where the package could be downloaded from. For example: wget `repoquery --location yum` -s, --source Show package source RPM name. --srpm Operate on corresponding source RPM. --groupmember PACKAGE List the repodata groups (yumgroups.xml) belongs to (if any). --nvr Use name-version-release output format (rpm query default) --nevra Use name-epoch:version-release.architecture output format (default) --envra Use epoch:name-version-release.architecture output format (easier to parse than nevra) --qf=FORMAT, --queryformat=FORMAT Specify custom output format for queries. You can add ":date", ":day" and ":isodate" to all the tags that are a time, and you can add ":k", ":m", ":g", ":t" and ":h" to sizes. You can also specify field width as in sprintf (Eg. %-20{name}) --output [text|ascii-tree|dot-tree] Output format which can be used with --requires/--whatrequires/--obsoletes/--conflicts. Default output is 'text'. --level [all|any int] In combination with --output ascii-tree|dot-tree this option specifies the number of level to print on the tree. Default level is 'all'. PACKAGE SELECTION OPTIONS
-a, --all Query all available packages (for rpmquery compatibility / shorthand for repoquery '*') --show-duplicates Query all versions of packages. -f, --file FILE Query package owning FILE. --whatobsoletes CAPABILITY Query all packages that obsolete CAPABILITY. --whatconflicts CAPABILITY Query all packages that conflict with CAPABILITY. --whatprovides CAPABILITY Query all packages that provide CAPABILITY. --whatrequires CAPABILITY Query all packages that require CAPABILITY. --alldeps When used with --whatrequires, look for non-explicit dependencies in addition to explicit ones (e.g. files and Provides in addition to package names). This is the default. --exactdeps When used with --whatrequires, search for dependencies only exactly as given. This is effectively the opposite of --alldeps. --recursive When used with --whatrequires, and --requires --resolve, query packages recursively. --archlist=ARCH1[,ARCH2...] Limit the query to packages of given architecture(s). Valid values are all architectures known to rpm/yum such as 'i386' and 'src' for source RPMS. Note that repoquery will now change yum's "arch" to the first value in the archlist. So "--archlist=i386,i686" will change yum's canonical arch to i386, but allow packages of i386 and i686. --pkgnarrow=WHAT Limit what packages are considered for the query. Valid values for WHAT are: installed, available, recent, updates, extras, all and repository (default). --installed Restrict query ONLY to installed pkgs - disables all repos and only acts on rpmdb. GROUP QUERY OPTIONS
-i, --info Show general information about group. -l, --list List packages belonging to (required by) group. --grouppkgs=WHAT Specify what type of packages are queried from groups. Valid values for WHAT are all, mandatory, default, optional. --requires List groups required by group. GROUP SELECTION OPTIONS
-a Query all available groups. -g, --group Query groups instead of packages. EXAMPLES
List all packages whose name contains 'perl': repoquery '*perl*' List all packages depending on openssl: repoquery --whatrequires openssl List all package names and the repository they come from, nicely formatted: repoquery -a --qf "%-20{repoid} %{name}" List name and summary of all available updates (if any), nicely formatted: repoquery -a --pkgnarrow=updates --qf "%{name}: %{summary} " List optional packages in base group: repoquery -g --grouppkgs=optional -l base List build requirements from 'anaconda' source rpm: repoquery --requires anaconda.src List packages which BuildRequire gail-devel repoquery --archlist=src --whatrequires gail-devel NB: This command will only work if you have repositories enabled which include srpms. MISC
Specifying package names A package can be referred to in all queries with any of the following: name name.arch name-ver name-ver-rel name-ver-rel.arch name-epoch:ver-rel.arch epoch:name-ver-rel.arch For example: repoquery -l kernel-2.4.1-10.i686 Additionally wildcards (shell-style globs) can be used. FILES
As repoquery uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repos- itories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Panu Matilainen 17 October 2005 repoquery(1)