Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SNMP Walk need to enable
Operating Systems HP-UX SNMP Walk need to enable Post 302905893 by marunmeera on Sunday 15th of June 2014 11:46:42 PM
Old 06-16-2014
Linux

Hi fpmurphy,

But last 60 days tool was monitoring the CPU, Memory and Disk load without any issue, since last 1 week the mentioned problem persist.

On the same tool, other 9 windows and 1 linux monitoring don't have any issue.

Its quite critical please support as.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ftw/nftw -- filesystem tree walk

Hi, I recently experimented with ftw() and nftw(). These are function for calling some function for every file in a subtree. I need to get full information about type of file. Almost everything is working according to documentation but I noticed following problem: With a value FTW_PHYS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odys
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to walk through a config file with /bin/sh

Hi there, i tried a lot of things actually to get my script running as expected. Situation: I have a config file with several parameters in the form FFF.thisIsaParam=Value FFF.included.AnotherPortofParam=Value Additionally there are some comments in it. Script should... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smhaller
8 Replies

3. IP Networking

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Walk" apache installs and do a tar on them...

Hello unix.com Community: I need help with writing a "common" script that can get the httpd installs by name and install directory|ies and tar.gz them up by name and point that tar operation to the matching install directory. I have 2 Distros that I am concerned with for this task: CentOS and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

SNMP Problem - SNMP not getting to the agent.

I am having a problem with an SNMP event, and I am not sure where I should be looking to solve this problem. Description: There is an SNMP event in our system that for one reason or another is not getting sent out as an email because it is never getting to our SNMP agent. I see where the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: broberts
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP traps to SNMP server

Dear Champs, I am new to unix, and need to configure linux server to send below traps to a SNMP server. Monitoring TRAP Disk Space Low Monitoring TRAP Memory Low Monitoring TRAP CPU high Monitoring TRAP Admin login/Logoff Please help me how to send this information to my SNMP server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies
SNMPWALK(1)                                                          Net-SNMP                                                          SNMPWALK(1)

NAME
snmpwalk - retrieve a subtree of management values using SNMP GETNEXT requests SYNOPSIS
snmpwalk [APPLICATION OPTIONS] [COMMON OPTIONS] [OID] DESCRIPTION
snmpwalk is an SNMP application that uses SNMP GETNEXT requests to query a network entity for a tree of information. An object identifier (OID) may be given on the command line. This OID specifies which portion of the object identifier space will be searched using GETNEXT requests. All variables in the subtree below the given OID are queried and their values presented to the user. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). If no OID argument is present, snmpwalk will search the subtree rooted at SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2 (including any MIB object values from other MIB modules, that are defined as lying within this subtree). If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error packet will be returned and a message will be shown, helping to pinpoint why the request was malformed. If the tree search causes attempts to search beyond the end of the MIB, the message "End of MIB" will be displayed. OPTIONS
-Cc Do not check whether the returned OIDs are increasing. Some agents (LaserJets are an example) return OIDs out of order, but can complete the walk anyway. Other agents return OIDs that are out of order and can cause snmpwalk to loop indefinitely. By default, snmpwalk tries to detect this behavior and warns you when it hits an agent acting illegally. Use -Cc to turn off this check. -Ci Include the given OID in the search range. Normally snmpwalk uses GETNEXT requests starting with the OID you specified and returns all results in the MIB subtree rooted at that OID. Sometimes, you may wish to include the OID specified on the command line in the printed results if it is a valid OID in the tree itself. This option lets you do this explicitly. -CI In fact, the given OID will be retrieved automatically if the main subtree walk returns no useable values. This allows a walk of a single instance to behave as generally expected, and return the specified instance value. This option turns off this final GET request, so a walk of a single instance will return nothing. -Cp Upon completion of the walk, print the number of variables found. -Ct Upon completion of the walk, print the total wall-clock time it took to collect the data (in seconds). Note that the timer is started just before the beginning of the data request series and stopped just after it finishes. Most importantly, this means that it does not include snmp library initialization, shutdown, argument processing, and any other overhead. In addition to these options, snmpwalk takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. EXAMPLE
The command: snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 zeus system will retrieve all of the variables under system: sysDescr.0 = STRING: "SunOS zeus.net.cmu.edu 4.1.3_U1 1 sun4m" sysObjectID.0 = OID: enterprises.hp.nm.hpsystem.10.1.1 sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (155274552) 17 days, 23:19:05 sysContact.0 = STRING: "" sysName.0 = STRING: "zeus.net.cmu.edu" sysLocation.0 = STRING: "" sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72 SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpbulkwalk(1), variables(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPWALK(1)