Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Ability to use vSphere client to monitor guest VMs on my laptop Post 302905859 by fpmurphy on Sunday 15th of June 2014 11:34:25 AM
Old 06-15-2014
There are free and paid versions of ESXi Same iso but the features are controlled by the license key.

Note that ESXi 5.5 creates version 10 VMs - which can only be edited by the newer Web Client, not the classic vClient.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ability to store number of rows

Hi, I am creating a korn shell script and i'm trying to find out what the total number of rows are in a specific text file and i need to store that number in a variable withing the script. i know wc -l gives you the number, but it also has some leading spaces and then writes out the file name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scabral
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Using Xorg t extend laptop screen to external monitor

Hey, I was trying to configure my laptop's xorg.conf file so I could use a external monitor. But things got messed up and now I can't get the original back (meaning a high resolution desktop on the laptop). What went wrong? How is it possible that the server always gets stuck at the line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElJavi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: one advantage of the ability to look for either synonym?

Hi I'm reading <learning the bash shell>. And in the section - 3.1. The .bash_profile, .bash_logout, and .bashrc Files bash allows two synonyms for .bash_profile: .bash_login, derived from the C shell's file named .login, and .profile, derived from the Bourne shell and Korn shell files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: password636
1 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Issue during vSphere CLI installation

Hi All, I am trying to install vShpere Command line interface(CLI) on fedora 12 but when i make an attempt to install it, I got the following message during installation, I already have perl v5.10 version installed on it.As part of the vCLI installation, it installs ActivePerl 5.8.8. So why I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

rdesktop single application mode VMware Vsphere Client

I have tried every possibilty that I can think of and cant get rdesktop using single application mode to work. I have tried with paths and without. Testing other apps: rdesktop -u username -p password -d localdomain.local -g 1024x768 -s 'notepad.exe' 10.7.0.14 rdesktop -g 1024x768... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cant log in from external monitor on laptop with broken screen.

Hello. I am installing Kali Linux on a laptop with no monitor. The installation goes fine through the external monitor and I can see the GRUB menu on boot, but once it comes time to log in it acts like my non existant laptop screen is my main monitor to type my login info on while my external is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: debpleb293
14 Replies
vm-install-jobs(8)					      System Manager's Manual						vm-install-jobs(8)

NAME
vm-install-jobs - queries and manages VM creation jobs that were started by vm-install SYNOPSIS
vm-install-jobs [options ...] DESCRIPTION
VMs may be created by vm-install interactively, or as backgrounded jobs. The vm-install-jobs command manages backgrounded VM creation jobs. OPTIONS
--cancel job-id Cancels the specified job. If the VM is still running, it is stopped. This command may return before the VM is completely stopped or the vm-install process has completely exited. The job is not implicitly deleted, so that the cancelation progress may be observed. --delete job-id Deletes the specified job. The job must be in one of the FINISHED, FAILED, or CANCELED states. The VM's configuration is deleted, as are any disks that were created during the job. --detach job-id Detaches the created VM from the specified job. The job must be in the FINISHED state. The job is deleted, but the VM's configura- tion and its disks are left intact. --list Lists all known VM creation jobs, by ID. One job ID is output per line. --status job-id Outputs the status of the specified job. JOB STATES
Every job is always in one of the following states: 0: SETTINGS 1: PREP_INSTALL 2: INSTALL 3: POST_INSTALL 4: RUNTIME_CONF 5: RUNTIME 6: FINISHED 7: FAILED 8: CANCELED The normal progression is from state 0 to state 6. States 6, 7, and 8 are terminal states. JOB STATUS
Querying the job status will print (to stdout) a number of key/value pairs. The possible keys and their meanings are: exit The exit code of the VM creation job. This key is only present once the job is in one of the states FINISHED, FAILED, or CANCELED. To interpret the meaning of the exit code, see vm-install(8) id The job ID. Always present. inotify A filename to monitor (via inotify(7) ) for state changes. The recommended inotify mask to use is IN_CLOSE_WRITE. Always present. log The location of the log file. Always present. pid The process ID of the VM creation job. This key is only present if the VM creation process is still running. The PID is used internally to cancel the job. state The job's current state. See JOB STATES. Always present. uuid The VM's UUID. This key is only present once all of the VM's settings have been gathered. vnc The last known location to view the VM's console via VNC. Note that the presence of this key does not guarantee that the VM is cur- rently running. When no authentication is necessary, the URL will be ip::port. If authentication is necessary, the URL will be username:password@ip::port. DIAGNOSTICS
A zero exit code indicates success; non-zero indicates failure. Note that the exit code of this tool indicates the success of the job management command. It does not represent the success or failure of the job itself. SEE ALSO
To interpret the exit code of a job or of this command, see vm-install(8) To monitor state changes of jobs, see inotify(7) To report problems with this software or its documentation, visit http://bugzilla.novell.com 2007-02-01 vm-install-jobs(8)