Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dsh command - shell script - sys args? Post 302905754 by pc2001 on Friday 13th of June 2014 02:09:41 PM
Old 06-13-2014
Ha, quite right.

I just use copy as an example. Instead of copy, each file will be subjected to some processing and some output from this will be written to disk.

Sorry, I should have mentioned...
This User Gave Thanks to pc2001 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Command line args

My program usage takes the form for example; $ theApp 2 "one or more words" i.e. 3 command line arguments; application name, an integer, some text My code includes the following 4 lines: int anInteger; char words; sscanf(argv, "%d", &anInteger); sscanf(argv, "%s", &message); Based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args

I am trying to print command line arguments one per second. I have this while do echo "6" shift echo "5" shift echo "4" shift echo "3" shift echo "2" shift echo "1" shift done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args 2

I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence and it printed the value of $1 after every number. I don't want that I just want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Scripting - HELP! - checking total args in a script

Hi, I 'm trying to learn the scripting language and am trying to create a script to open a C Program, allow the user to edit it, and then run it. What I have works but only when you enter the name to be compiled and the c program, but what if you only entered the 1 argument (cprogram.c) ? but I 'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patel_ankz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with KSH script: command line args

Hi I am executing a KSH script by passing command line arguments example: Red Green Dark Red Blue when I am splitting the arguments by using " "(Space) as delimiter But the colour Dark Red is a single parameter. But it is getting splitted in between How to avoid this. Please help Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanth424
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dsh command : Execution Problems with Cron

Hi, On linux cluster, i created a script to delete all temp files older than 5 days. i am able to execute the script "dsh -ea script.ksh" in management node directly But when i schedule "dsh -ea script.ksh" in crontab in management node it tells dsh command not found. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartrajusid
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args. # bash declare -a arr=("$@") s=$(IFS=, eval 'echo "${arr}"') echo "$s" output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 1,2,3,4,5,6 Desired output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 3,4,5,6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script as login shell (passing args to login shell)

Hello all, for security reasons my compagny imposes that my script be launch remotly via ssh under the users login shell. So serverA launches the ssh command to serverB which has a local user with my script as a login shell. Local script works like a charm on his own. serverB$ grep... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit $args within a command

Hi, I'm using a while loop for a given command "bowtie2" with several parameters. mkdir clean paste <(ls --quote-name ./qc/sg_*_R1_val_1.fq.gz) <(ls --quote-name ./qc/sg_*_R2_val_2.fq.gz) |sed 's/"./-1 ./' | sed 's/gz"\t/gz\t -2 /' | sed 's/"//g' |\ while read args ; do ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
5 Replies

10. Fedora

Dsh command help!

Hi, I am trying to run the following on our cluster: /sw/bin/dsh -w node02 -e "/home/pc/thello.sh" but I get an error: dsh: no machine specified I used to be able to run it a few months back, but they seem to have reinstalled the OS or something.. The output of the dsh -a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies
VOTEQUORUM_LEAVING(3)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 			     VOTEQUORUM_LEAVING(3)

NAME
votequorum_leaving - Tell other nodes that we are leaving the cluster SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/votequorum.h> int votequorum_leaving(votequorum_handle_t handle); DESCRIPTION
The votequorum_leaving function is used to tell the other nodes in the cluster that this node is leaving. They will (when the node actually leaves) reduce quorum to keep the cluster running without this node. This function should only be called if it is known that the node is being shut down for a known reason and could be out of the cluster for an extended period of time. Normal behaviour is for the cluster to reduce the total number of votes, but NOT expected_votes when a node leave the cluster, so the clus- ter could become inquorate. This is correct behaviour and is ther eto prevent split-brain. Do NOT call this function unless you know what you are doing. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CS_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
The errors are undocumented. SEE ALSO
votequorum_overview(8), votequorum_initialize(3), votequorum_finalize(3), votequorum_dispatch(3), votequorum_fd_get(3), corosync Man Page 2009-01-26 VOTEQUORUM_LEAVING(3)