Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Critical Sevices and Process to be monitor on UNIX servers Post 302905701 by rbatte1 on Friday 13th of June 2014 05:58:19 AM
Old 06-13-2014
At first glance, and without any detail here, it seems a duplicate of SNMP Walk need to enable.

If not, can you explain how this is different and answer the same questions as in the other thread? You don't give us a lot to go on in either of them.

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor sun servers temperature

Dears, need help on developing a script to monitor sun server temperature , I'm using the below command to check the servers one by one /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v Servers Models are : 2 x Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 Server 4 x Sun Fire V490 2 x Sun Blade T6300 Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. AIX

Monitor Physical CPU usage on multiple servers

Hello, Looking for some help. I am trying to gather data at each server showing when the physical CPU is being used the most based on a weekly timeframe. I know this data can be seen through NMON but with multiple servers in our environment it could take a real long time. is there a easier... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor different processes on different Unix servers

GM, Can you pls help how to write a script to monitor different processes on different unix servers and send the output to a /tmp/report file, earlier my boss asked me to write a script to monitor just one process running on different servers and send the output to a file so I wrote this exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and restart UNIX process

Hi all, Tearing my hair out..! I have a requirement to monitor and restart a unix process via a simple watchdog script. I have the following 3 scripts that dont work for me.. script 1 (only produces 1 output if process is up or not)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?

Hi Unix Members, Can anyone guide me to write one shell script to monitor the attach screen processes and when interrupted mail us. , like the processes - /bin/ciserver , /bin/clock , /bin/cserver , /bin/main Please looking forward you guys help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajitnitd
6 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
SNMPCONF(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPCONF(1)

NAME
snmpconf - creates and modifies SNMP configuration files SYNOPSIS
snmpconf [OPTIONS] [fileToCreate] Start with: snmpconf -g basic_setup Or even just: snmpconf DESCRIPTION
snmpconf is a simple Perl script that walks you through setting up a configuration file step by step. It should be fairly straight forward to use. Merely run it and answer its questions. In its default mode of operation, it prompts the user with menus showing sections of the various configuration files it knows about. When the user selects a section, a sub-menu is shown listing of the descriptions of the tokens that can be created in that section. When a description is selected, the user is prompted with questions that construct the configuration line in question. Finally, when the user quits the program any configuration files that have been edited by the user are saved to the local directory, fully commented. A particularly useful option is the -g switch, which walks a user through a specific set of configuration questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for an example. OPTIONS
-f Force overwriting existing files in the current directory without prompting the user if this is a desired thing to do. -i When finished, install the files into the location where the global system commands expect to find them. -p When finished, install the files into the users home directory's .snmp subdirectory (where the applications will also search for configuration files). -I DIRECTORY When finished, install the files into the directory DIRECTORY. -a Don't ask any questions. Simply read in the various known configuration files and write them back out again. This has the effect of "auto-commenting" the configuration files for you. See the NEAT TRICKS section below. -rall|none Read in either all or none of the found configuration files. Normally snmpconf prompts you for which files you wish to read in. Reading in these configuration files will merge these files with the results of the questions that it asks of you. -R FILE,... Read in a specific list of configuration files. -g GROUPNAME Groups of configuration entries can be created that can be used to walk a user through a series of questions to create an initial configuration file. There are no menus to navigate, just a list of questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for a good example. -G List all the known groups. -c CONFIGDIR snmpconf uses a directory of configuration information to learn about the files and questions that it should be asking. This option tells snmpconf to use a different location for configuring itself. -q Run slightly more quietly. Since this is an interactive program, I don't recommend this option since it only removes information from the output that is designed to help you. -d Turn on lots of debugging output. -D Add even more debugging output in the form of Perl variable dumps. NEAT TRICKS
snmpconf -g basic_setup Have I mentioned this command enough yet? It's designed to walk someone through an initial setup for the snmpd(8) daemon. Really, you should try it. snmpconf -R /usr/local/snmp/snmpd.conf -a -f snmpd.conf Automatically reads in an snmpd.conf file (for example) and adds comments to them describing what each token does. Try it. It's cool. NOTES
snmpconf is actually a very generic utility that could be easily configured to help construct just about any kind of configuration file. Its default configuration set of files are SNMP based. SEE ALSO
snmpd(8), snmp_config(5), snmp.conf(5), snmpd.conf(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPCONF(1)