Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Generating all possible combinations of values in field 1 (awk) Post 302905697 by Scrutinizer on Friday 13th of June 2014 05:16:22 AM
Old 06-13-2014
awk:
Code:
awk '{A[$1]=$2; for(i in A)if(!(i~"(^|\\+)" $1 "$")){c=i"+"$1; A[c]=A[i]+$2; print c, A[c]}}' FS=\| OFS=\| file

-- multiline --
Code:
awk '
  {
    A[$1]=$2
    for(i in A) if(!(i~"(^|\\+)" $1 "$")) {
      c=i "+" $1
      A[c]=A[i]+$2
      print c, A[c]
    }
  }
' FS=\| OFS=\| file

--
To produce sorted output, it could be combined with sort:
Code:
awk '
  {
    A[$1]=$2
    for(i in A) if(!(i~"(^|\\+)" $1 "$")) {
      c=i "+" $1
      A[c]=A[i]+$2
      print length(c), c, A[c]
    }
  }
' FS=\| OFS=\| file | sort -nt\| | cut -d\| -f2-

Code:
A+B|3
A+C|4
A+D|5
B+C|5
B+D|6
C+D|7
A+B+C|6
A+B+D|7
A+C+D|8
B+C+D|9
A+B+C+D|10

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-13-2014 at 07:03 AM..
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk search for max and min field values

hi, i have an awk script and I managed to figure out how to search the max value but Im having difficulty in searching for the min field value. BEGIN {FS=","; max=0} NF == 7 {if (max < $6) max = $6;} END { print man, min} where $6 is the column of a field separated by a comma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirichiko
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Combinations

Hi, I need to generate all combinations upto n-1 level, if the input file looks like say, A B C D . . .... I need to generate all combinations such that first value remains constant and the remaning are combined with all possible ways. Output A AB AC AD ABC (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorg4u
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting lines containing two column field values with awk

Hello everybody, I'm trying to count the number of consecutive lines in a text file which have two distinctive column field values. These lines may appear in several line blocks within the file, but I only want a single block to be counted. This was my first approach to tackle the problem (I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: combining consecutive values in a field

Hi, Here is my sample input X 2 AAA Y 3 BBB Y 2 CCC Z 4 DDD In field 1, if the value of one line is same as that of next line, I want to concatenate the corresponding value of the second line in the third field with the value of the third field of first line. And I dont need the third... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK to edit/add field values in a record

Hi Experts, I am new to shell scripting. Need some help in doing one task given by the customer. The sample record in a file is as follows: 3538,,,,,,ID,ID1,,,,,,,,,,, It needs to be the following: 3538,,353800,353800,,,ID,ID1,,,,,COLX,,,,,COLY, And i want to modify this record in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting values into order in a field using awk

Hi, I am using UBUNTU 12.04. I have a dataset as follows: Column#1 Column#2 Column#3 .... Column#50 1 154878 1 145145 2 189565 2 454121 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk One Liner to Count Field Combinations

I have text files, fields separated by commas, and there are 115 fields. I need to use nawk to look at each line, if field $4==10, then count how many times the combination of field $5 and field $11 occur in the file. I tried the following: nawk -F, '{if($4==10){tg++;cd++,tgcd++}}END{for(i in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: he204035
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help - matching a field with certail values

Hello there, I have a file with few fields separated by ":". I wrote a below awk to manipulate this file: awk 'BEGIN { FS=OFS=":" }\ NR != 1 && $2 !~ /^98/ && $8 !~ /^6/{print $0}' $in_file > $out_file What I wanted was that if $8 field contains any of the values - 6100, 6110, 6200 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Values with common field in same line with awk

Hi all ! I almost did it but got a small problem. input: cars red cars blue cars green truck black Wanted: cars red-blue-green truck black Attempt: gawk 'BEGIN{FS="\t"}{a = a (a?"-":"")$2; $2=a; print $1 FS $2}' input But I also got the intermediate records... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field values in a record using awk command

Hi Friends, Below is my input file with "|" (pipe) as filed delimiter: My Input File: HDR|F1|F2||||F6|F7 I want to inser values in the record for field 4 and field 5. Expected output HDR|F1|F2||F4|F5|F6|F7 I am able to append the string to the end of the record, but not in between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)