Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to install *.pkg.tar.tar on Linux? Post 302905693 by sea on Friday 13th of June 2014 05:06:50 AM
Old 06-13-2014
Have a look at:
Code:
yum info openssl

And just asking, why would you need both, 32bit and 64bit on the same machine, isnt that a security/compability issue?

EDIT:
Just something (general info) i found there: OpenSSL: Support, Frequently Asked Questions

Now, me want to build this too, in theory, you could simply run this script on both a 32bit machine and a 64bit machine, to get the specific build.
NOTE there are instructions how to do both on a single machine (AFAIK must be 64 bit though), but thats 'too much' for me as of now, see INSTALL or README for more details.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
#	REF: https://www.unix.com/linux/248258-how-install-pkg-tar-tar-linux.html#post302905687
#
#	Build openssl from scratch, by sea
#	No warranties or promises are made, its all your own risk.
#
#
#
#	Variables to change
#
	VER=1.0.1h
	TMP_DIR=~/.cache/openssl
	BUILD_DIR=$HOME/test
#
#	Variables to NOT change
#
	URL=http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-$VER.tar.gz
	TARBALL=${URL##*/}
	TAR_DIR=${TARBALL:0:-7}
# Dont know why there is only a lib dir on my 64bit machine
	#uname -m | grep -q 64 && \
	#	LIB=lib64 || \
		LIB=lib
#
#	Clean tempdir & download
#
	[[ -d $TMP_DIR ]] || mkdir -p $TMP_DIR
	[[ -d $BUILD_DIR ]] || mkdir -p $BUILD_DIR
	cd $TMP_DIR && \
		rm -fr * || (printf %s "$TMP_DIR does not exist!\n";exit 1)
	wget $URL
#
#	Verify tarball
#
	wget $URL.sha1
	sumFile=$(sha1sum $TARBALL|awk '{print $1}')
	sumCheck=$(cat $TARBALL.sha1)
	[[ $sumFile = $sumCheck ]] && \
		printf %s "Checksum matches!\n" || \
		(printf %s "Checksum dont match!\n";exit 1)
#
#	Extract & change to tempdir
#
	tar axf $TARBALL
	cd $TAR_DIR
#
#	Build it
#
	./config --prefix=$BUILD_DIR/ssl --openssldir=$BUILD_DIR/ssl/openssl
	make
	make install
#
#	Thank you Akshay for these req's
#
	cp openssl.pc $BUILD_DIR/ssl/$LIB/pkgconfig
	chmod 644 $BUILD_DIR/ssl/$LIB/pkgconfig/openssl.pc
	cd $BUILD_DIR/ssl/bin
	./openssl << EOF
version
quit
EOF

exit 0

Written & functional on: 3.15.0-0.rc8.git4.1.fc21.x86_64

Hope this helps

Last edited by sea; 06-13-2014 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Added sha1 check for download

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

From HPUX tar to Linux tar

Dear sirs, I have some 4mm dat cartridges (4GB) made in a HP-UX 11.00 with a standard tar command (tar -cv files_to_backup) made with a scsi dat drive HP 35470A. After more than one year I need to restore some data on a linux system (Red Hat 7.2) which has the same dat drive. Now I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iarot
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install a tar file?

how can i install a *.tar file? and if the file is dirver is it the same? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does tar do crc checking on a tape or tar file?

Trying to answer a question about whether tar table-of-contents is a good tool for verifying tape data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar utility (untar a .tar file) on VxWorks

Hi All Can someone pls guide me if there any utility to compress file on windows & uncompress on vxworks I tried as - - compressed some folders on windows ... i created .tar ( to maintain directory structure ) and compressed to .gz format. - on VxWorks i have uncompressed it to .tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday_01
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command dont tar to original directory

HI, if I have a tarfile called pmapdata.tar that contains tar -tvf pmapdata.tar -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 15 11:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap4628.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 14 20:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap23752.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 1625 Oct 13 20:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do I need to extract the entire tar file to confirm the tar folder is fine?

I would like to confirm my file.tar is been tar-ed correctly before I remove them. But I have very limited disc space to untar it. Can I just do the listing instead of actual extract it? Can I say confirm folder integrity if the listing is sucessful without problem? tar tvf file1.tar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)