Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bypass stale PE ?
Operating Systems HP-UX Bypass stale PE ? Post 302905642 by port43 on Thursday 12th of June 2014 03:59:22 PM
Old 06-12-2014
In an amazing display of Murphy's Law, this is no longer an issue as the site took a power hit last night and the server is fried. And no, I was nowhere near it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stale NFS file handle

Hi, I get an error saying "Stale NFS file handle" how can I solve this? Is it possible to do this with a umount/ mount command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Stale Mounts

Is there an easy way to find all stale mounts on a system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derf912
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing stale partitions

hi, i was trying to mirror root volume group and the command i was using didnt respond for a long time mirrorvg -m rootvg hdisk1 I was checking rootvg and it gives below. how do i fix stale partitions?? it seems to be on hdisk1 LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

lov4 stale found in lvdisplay

hi All I have one RP 3410 server with hp-ux 11.23 mirror disk it's lvdislay -v /dev/vg00/lvol4 shows stale in some location Actual is current pls help me to resolve the probem I have check with lvsync command and vgsync but not working re Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshtt32
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stale NFS file handle

There are a filesystem /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB Under this filesystem there is a directory called backup. But When I am trying to access the backup directory ,it is showing me the following error: # cd /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB # cd backup -bash: cd: backup: Stale NFS file handle ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
3 Replies

6. AIX

how to remove the stale entry without a reboot??

my AIX server used to have scsi disk hdisk4. Now i removed that disk. But still it is still listed in lspv. So how can i remove the stale entry of it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navadeep
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Stale users and no process

HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 I've got two users that show in "w" with long idle times but if I search for their processes I find nothing (ps -ef | grep username ) I'm not sure why "w" still sees them and if there is anything (short of a reboot) that I can do to clean them out. Ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Stale lock installed for pkgadd

Any package that I try to install, is giving an error of 'lock': # pkgadd -d openssl-1.0.0g-sol10-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCossl openssl (sparc) 1.0.0g Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
2 Replies

9. AIX

Hd6 is in stale condition

Hi friends, the paging lv hd6 is in stale condition hd6 paging 48 96 2 open/stale N/A And i'am getting the following alerts in the server 333BD283 0811044814 U S LVDD Bad block detected with no relocation al 333BD283 0811041114 U S LVDD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - stale partition

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirror. After problem with SAN pathing of our one Datacenter, I have LV at stale state. # lsvg cpsdata2vg VOLUME GROUP: cpsdata2vg VG IDENTIFIER: 00fb518c00004c0000000169445f4c2c VG STATE: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
6 Replies
DPMSForceLevel(3)						    X FUNCTIONS 						 DPMSForceLevel(3)

NAME
DPMSForceLevel - forces a DPMS capable display into the specified power level SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lXext [ library ... ] #include <X11/extensions/dpms.h> Status DPMSForceLevel ( Display *display, CARD16 level ); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server level Specifies the level to force power to DESCRIPTION
The DPMSForceLevel function forces a DPMS capable display into the specified power level. The level must be one of following four states: DPMSModeOn, DPMSModeStandby, DPMSModeSuspend, or DPMSModeOff. Values other than these will result in a BadValue error. If DPMS is disabled on the display, trying to set the power level on the display will result in a BadMatch protocol error. RETURN VALUES
TRUE The DPMSForceLevel function always returns TRUE. ERRORS
BadValue A level other than DPMSModeOn, DPMSModeStandby, DPMSModeSuspend, or DPMSModeOff was specified. BadMatch DPMS is disabled on the specified display. SEE ALSO
DPMSCapable(3), DPMSInfo(3), DPMSGetTimeouts(3), DPMSSetTimeouts(3) X Version 11 libXext 1.3.1 DPMSForceLevel(3)