Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Third party software location and their version in Aix Post 302905588 by zaxxon on Thursday 12th of June 2014 08:53:44 AM
Old 06-12-2014
There is no predifined directory for custom software.
Mostly the installation destination is defined with the setup/installation.
If the mount points do not sound like they could house the application, you might want to use the find command, maybe with -mtime switch etc. or have check the process list with ps for the name of processes that belong to the application. If you are lucky, you might see the path to the program.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root cron was override w/ 3rd party software

Hi Guys, I'm new in Unix Environment. Any Unix Guru around...I need help. My question is, is it possible that the root cron could be override with 3rd party software?How can it happen. Another thing, how the cron job works?, I mean how the Unix process the cron job , I don't have an idea... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kupal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Software Version

Hi, Is there anyway to find what version of a software is installed on a particular box ? For Tru64 unix, the setld -i command lists all the software that is installed. But how do i get the version ? is there a unix command for this? Is setld specific to Tru64 ? Do reply VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjsony
1 Replies

3. AIX

finding 3rd party Applications installed on AIX

Hi,. I want to know how to find out 3rd party application installed on aix, example Oracle database if it is installed on aix box it is not showing as installed using lslpp -l command Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to look for new version of software

Bit of a long shot but is there a way i can have a script check a website for new version of software and dwnload it . and maybe email me when it downlaods not sure if that is even possible, to make it even worse i have to give a username and password to be able to download it thanks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory for 3rd party software

I am trying to use the KiFMM3D software with my code. I am compiling code in C++ and everything looks fine but I am getting an "no such file or directory" error regarding the KiFMM3d code. The exact error message is : In file included from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Identifying all the 3rd party software/executable files in RHEL 5.6

I have used yum list installed and rpm -qa commands. But these provide only the source packages, I want the specific software name. And how to identify any software that is installed without the yum or rpm package system. I tried compgen -c but it doesn't works with rhel5.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrabhaPatra4567
1 Replies
wsreg_query_set_location(3WSREG)		    Product Install Registry Library Functions			  wsreg_query_set_location(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_query_set_location, wsreg_query_get_location - set or get the location of a query SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_query_set_location(Wsreg_query *query, const char *location); char *wsreg_query_get_location(Wsreg_query *query); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_query_set_location() function sets the location specified by location in the query specified by query. If a location has already been set in the specified query, the resources associated with the previously set location are released. The wsreg_query_get_location() function gets the location string from the query specified by query. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_query_set_location() function returns a non-zero value if the location was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_query_get_location() function returns the location from the specified query structure. The resulting location string is not a copy, so it must not be released by the caller. USAGE
The query identifies fields used to search for a specific component in the product install registry. By specifying the install location, the component search is narrowed to all components in the product install registry that are installed in the same location. Other fields can be specified in the same query to further narrow the search. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_get(3WSREG), wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), wsreg_query_create(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_query_set_location(3WSREG)