Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If statement in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If statement in awk Post 302905533 by Klashxx on Thursday 12th of June 2014 05:17:48 AM
Old 06-12-2014
If pkill is avaliable.
First: store your pid.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
switch.sh &
echo $! >/path/to/pid.file

Second: if still alive use pkill:
Code:
       -P ppid,...
              Only match processes whose parent process ID is listed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement in awk

Hi Friends How do I do two things from one if statement inside awk? I want to run a script and create a new file from the same condition. awk '{ if ($2 == ""){print " "|"cd /local/test; ./script.ksh"}{cat > ran_true.txt}}' $IN_FILE Bolded are the two things I want to be done. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNovIX
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk inside another awk statement

hi all, i have two files 1) a.txt one two three 2) abc "one" = 10 pqr "three" = 20 345 "two" = 0 this is what i want in third file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, if statement

Having a little trouble with awk and an if statement. I have a test setup which I am trying to only print the records which start with the month 03. Everything I tried, prints everything, even the 02 month 03/23/2010 12:47:51 ga2828 SUBMITTED FROM URL: test123.cgi show port count ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk 'if' statement help

Hello all, I'm very new to this (<5hrs!) please bear with me. My file looks like this 386259.448541 417069.155 154935.157 186.206 162 1 1 8 386259.448551 417068.53 154935.04 186.144 156 1 1 8 386259.448561 417067.911 154934.926 186.175 164 1 1 8 386259.450337 417086.643 154946.483 894.671... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebeccab37
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Regarding AWk and IF THEN ELSE Statement

Hi, I have a data file which contains record count. So doing wc -l rightfit_balancing_count.dat | awk '{print $1}'] gives me the record count stored in the file. Now, i want to send a mail from UNIX, if the record count is equal to 0,otherwise it should do nothing. Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement

hi, I have a l-column file of more than 10,000 lines with interspersed negative values. What I want to do is add a fixed number (360) everytime a negative value is encountered while leaving the positive ones as is. I need something that will read every line of the file and do the calculation... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk statement

Hi I have a file with test test2 1000000657373 test1 test3 1000003849450 test2 test4 test5 100000837474 I cat the file and pipe it to an awk statement like so cat /tmp/file |awk '{if ($3 ~ "^*$" && $3 > 1024000000) print "/vol/"$1"/"$2;else if ($4 ~ "^*$" && $4 > 1024000000) print... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if then else statement

I am using awk as part of and if then else statement. I am trying to have the user enter a gene name and then a variant or variants and have a specific transcript assigned to the variants depending on the gene. Below is my code but the if then else statement is wrong. Basically, the gene name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement help

There has to be a way to do this with awk or maybe I'm just focusing on the wrong tool and making this harder than it needs to be. I'm trying to do a file field lookup/join at a very large scale but the output changes has to change dramatically. I have an input file to do a field lookup from and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brettcasper
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)