Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is C worth the effort?
Top Forums Programming Is C worth the effort? Post 302905437 by wisecracker on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 01:52:56 PM
Old 06-11-2014
Hi dryPants...

Quote:
Do you have some other good advices for me?
Yes. Python is a very strict language and has libraries for just about anything that anyone in the coding industry is likely to encounter.

Before deciding to hammer any hardware, (and yes I have done much in this area), experiment coding for something less likely to cause you serious headaches.

Once you feel confident try experimenting with an Arduino, USB type, as an example.

In *NIX flavours it is easy to R/W from/to even with shell scripting. I have uploaded much code to do this mainly in Python for multi-platform use, (including a serial port stock AMIGA A1200 with HW mods to the USB Arduino), I love "banging the metal"...

I personally love assembly but........
......don't expect to get to Ring 0 directly in current OSes you WILL have serious headaches finding that you can't. The days of MS-DOS where BIOS and other assembly access and calls are long gone.

Study things like ISA, PCI bus design and limitations as examples then progress to current technology. I studied the PCI slot for months only to realise my limitations at home built hardware was way beyond any beginners scope.

Hope this helps...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is Unix Worth it?

I have been wanting to get much deaper into the world of computers for quite some time. I know a lot of c++, and plenty of website programming, and decided that the next step should be Unix. But here's the thing - I know nothing about Unix. I installed it and everything, but it just seemed like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GuyWithAPen
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is this system worth?

So my family is cleaning out our house and my dad stumbled on a Unix system with Unigraphix installed on it, and he remembers that it was 1 of 6 computers in a set that he used at a tool and dye machine shop where he worked. He said that the computer by itself with the monitor was $20,000! I was... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVOtosReborn
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Is M.Sc (FOSS) worth doing?

Recently while reading an linux magazine I understood that FOSS (Free or open source software) is gaining momentum.. And in my home town there is an reputed university which offers M.Sc online program on FOSS. The course covers: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTING, PHILOSOPHY AND PRACTICE OF FOSS,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
4 Replies

4. Linux

Are /home partitions worth it?

I'm new to the Linux world and whilst I've been learning the ropes, I've read some conflicting opinions regarding the creation of separate partitions for /home and other directories during OS install. Some say that having these directories in separate partitions allows you to reinstall without... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: maerlyngb
12 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Are certifications worth it?

I have just been on RedHat SA 3 training course (4 days) and sat exams EX200 (RHCSA) and EX300 (RHCE) The daft thing was that politics meant I wasn't allowed to take courses SA 1 or 2. So I learnt about stuff I would never use (SELinux; iSCSI; NFS Kerberos encrypted with user specific access... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
22 Replies
scene_polygon3d(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  scene_polygon3d(3alleg4)

NAME
scene_polygon3d, scene_polygon3d_f - Puts a polygon in the scene rendering list. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int scene_polygon3d(int type, BITMAP *texture, int vc, V3D *vtx[]); int scene_polygon3d_f(int type, BITMAP *texture, int vc, V3D_f *vtx[]); DESCRIPTION
Puts a polygon in the rendering list. Nothing is really rendered at this moment. Should be called between clear_scene() and render_scene(). Arguments are the same as for polygon3d(), except the bitmap is missing. The one passed to clear_scene() will be used. Unlike polygon3d(), the polygon may be concave or self-intersecting. Shapes that penetrate one another may look OK, but they are not really handled by this code. Note that the texture is stored as a pointer only, and you should keep the actual bitmap around until render_scene(), where it is used. Since the FLAT style is implemented with the low-level hline() function, the FLAT style is subject to DRAW_MODEs. All these modes are valid. Along with the polygon, this mode will be stored for the rendering moment, and also all the other related variables (color_map pointer, pattern pointer, anchor, blender values). The settings of the CPU_MMX and CPU_3DNOW flags of the cpu_capabilities global variable on entry in this routine affect the choice of low- level asm routine that will be used by render_scene() for this polygon. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, or a negative number if it won't be rendered for lack of a rendering routine. SEE ALSO
create_scene(3alleg4), clear_scene(3alleg4), render_scene(3alleg4), destroy_scene(3alleg4), polygon3d(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), exscn3d(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 scene_polygon3d(3alleg4)