Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Integrity check for the backup Post 302905418 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 11:37:36 AM
Old 06-11-2014
Well, not wishing to be pedantic, but the title of the thread is Integrity check for the backup so I'm sure we all assumed that you wanted help with the backup. You first post seems to confirm this.

Smilie So infuriating, I have no further comment. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check the size of the backup from the tape?

Hi, How can I check the size of the databse/filesystem in the tape (4MM or 8MM)? For example, I want to restore some databse/filesystem backup to the system. Before that I wanna check the size of that from the tape.Please help me regarding..... Regards, Sharif. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
0 Replies

2. AIX

Check the backup dates on Tape

Hi all I am using IBM machines with tape drive, what i do is go to informis and i insert the tape and run the command "ontape -s -L " and the level of backup that i want to take. Now what i want to check is which days are the backup being run, does the system create a log and stores info where... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check that backup MX actually does its job

Hey! I have just configured an backup MX using Mail::Toaster under FreeBSD. As I'm a novice when it comes to mailservers, I need to ask someone how to check that this backup really does its job. My primare MX is unfortunately on a Dynamic IP line, but its unsusual for it to change the IP.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
4 Replies

5. Solaris

File Integrity Check

Hi, I have two NFS shares mounted on a solaris system. share1 and share2 , both are from different NFS servers share1 has 500GB of data share 2 is empty. I am copying all the data from share1 to share2. It is like migrating the data from one NFS share to another. Is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check mail backup cron job

i have just installed a cron job to run at 3 in the morning once a week. It's difficult for me to test if it works because the email backup program takes the email service down before running the backup. I wondered if i could ask you gurus if this would work? 0 3 * * 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timgolding
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

data integrity check needed

Hi friends I need copied 100gd of data to other Solaris server. Could anyone help me guiding appropriate way of checking data integrity at source and destination so can I delete the data at source location . How can print/check cksum of individual file in each folder and match it with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
7 Replies
BACKUP_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_HELP(8)

NAME
       backup_help - Displays help for backup commands

SYNOPSIS
       backup help [-topic <help string>+] [-admin] [-help]

backup h [-t <help string>+] [-a] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each operation code specified
       by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online
       help entry for every backup command.

To list every backup command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the backup apropos command.

OPTIONS
       -topic <help string>+
	   Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the backup part of the command name, providing only
	   the operation code (for example, specify dump, not backup dump). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every backup
	   command.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The online help entry for each backup command consists of the following two or three lines:

o   The first line names the command and briefly describes its function.

o   The second line lists aliases for the command, if any.

o   The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the
	   same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document.

EXAMPLES
       The following example displays the online help entry for the backup dump command:

% backup help dump
	  backup dump: start dump
	  Usage: backup dump -volumeset <volume set name> -dump <dump level name>
	  [-portoffset <TC port offset>]  [-at <Date/time to start dump>+]
	  [-append]  [-n]  [-file <load file>]	[-help]

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_apropos(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    BACKUP_HELP(8)