Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Execute multiple comands on one single line Post 302905378 by samirboss on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 08:59:41 AM
Old 06-11-2014
haha yeah didnt work ot but thanx

---------- Post updated at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:59 AM ----------

i m sory but i cant show my code because its part of a homework, but thanx for your effort

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make multiple line containing a pattern into single line

I have the following data file. zz=aa azxc-1234 aa=aa zz=bb azxc-1234 bb=bb zz=cc azxc-1234 cc=cc zz=dd azxc-2345 dd=dd zz=ee azxc-2345 ee=ee zz=ff azxc-3456 ff=ff zz=gg azxc-4567 gg=gg zz=hh azxc-4567 hh=hh zz=ii azxc-4567 ii=ii I want to make 2nd field pattern matching multiple lines... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: VTAWKVT
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines into a single line

Hi, I've some files with the following data and i need to convert the lines between the separator ---, into a single line. I've tried with the paste cmd but my main problem is that the number of lines between the separator is not fix, it can very between 1-4 lines. Input --- 2010-02-22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickyC9999
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Commands on a Single Line

Hi There, I have a cronjob that executes a small script (few lines) that I am certain can be achieved in a single line. The functional objective is actually really simple; cmd var1 The '1' in 'var1' is actually derived from date (day of month) but the snag is when working with 1-9 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random79
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Single line into multiple line

Hi All, I am reading a line from a file and writing it to other file. Whenever I got a particular line then I want that line to be splited into 4 line and written it to new file. e.g My line is U_ABC connector3 pin24E connector4 pin25E connector5 pin26E connector6 pin27E connector7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiple lines to single line

I have code as below # create temporary table `temp4277`(key(waybill_no)) select waybill_no,concat_ws('',card_type,card_series_no) cardinfo from rfid_temp_ticket where waybill_no='4277' group by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
4 Replies
MORE(1) 							   User Commands							   MORE(1)

NAME
more -- file perusal filter for crt viewing SYNOPSIS
more [-dlfpcsu] [-num] [+/pattern] [+linenum] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
more is a filter for paging through text one screenful at a time. This version is especially primitive. Users should realize that less(1) provides more(1) emulation plus extensive enhancements. OPTIONS
Command-line options are described below. Options are also taken from the environment variable MORE (make sure to precede them with a dash (``-'')) but command line options will override them. -num This option specifies an integer which is the screen size (in lines). -d more will prompt the user with the message "[Press space to continue, 'q' to quit.]" and will display "[Press 'h' for instructions.]" instead of ringing the bell when an illegal key is pressed. -l more usually treats ^L (form feed) as a special character, and will pause after any line that contains a form feed. The -l option will prevent this behavior. -f Causes more to count logical, rather than screen lines (i.e., long lines are not folded). -p Do not scroll. Instead, clear the whole screen and then display the text. Notice that this option is switched on automatically if the executable is named page. -c Do not scroll. Instead, paint each screen from the top, clearing the remainder of each line as it is displayed. -s Squeeze multiple blank lines into one. -u Suppress underlining. +/ The +/ option specifies a string that will be searched for before each file is displayed. +num Start at line number num. COMMANDS
Interactive commands for more are based on vi(1). Some commands may be preceded by a decimal number, called k in the descriptions below. In the following descriptions, ^X means control-X. h or ? Help: display a summary of these commands. If you forget all the other commands, remember this one. SPACE Display next k lines of text. Defaults to current screen size. z Display next k lines of text. Defaults to current screen size. Argument becomes new default. RETURN Display next k lines of text. Defaults to 1. Argument becomes new default. d or ^D Scroll k lines. Default is current scroll size, initially 11. Argument becomes new default. q or Q or INTERRUPT Exit. s Skip forward k lines of text. Defaults to 1. f Skip forward k screenfuls of text. Defaults to 1. b or ^B Skip backwards k screenfuls of text. Defaults to 1. Only works with files, not pipes. ' Go to place where previous search started. = Display current line number. /pattern Search for kth occurrence of regular expression. Defaults to 1. n Search for kth occurrence of last r.e. Defaults to 1. !<cmd> or :!<cmd> Execute <cmd> in a subshell v Start up an editor at current line. The editor is taken from the environment variable VISUAL if defined, or EDITOR if VISUAL is not defined, or defaults to "vi" if neither VISUAL nor EDITOR is defined. ^L Redraw screen :n Go to kth next file. Defaults to 1. :p Go to kth previous file. Defaults to 1. :f Display current file name and line number . Repeat previous command ENVIRONMENT
More utilizes the following environment variables, if they exist: MORE This variable may be set with favored options to more. SHELL Current shell in use (normally set by the shell at login time). TERM Specifies terminal type, used by more to get the terminal characteristics necessary to manipulate the screen. SEE ALSO
vi(1), less(1) AUTHORS
Eric Shienbrood, UC Berkeley Modified by Geoff Peck, UCB to add underlining, single spacing Modified by John Foderaro, UCB to add -c and MORE environment variable HISTORY
The more command appeared in 3.0BSD. This man page documents more version 5.19 (Berkeley 6/29/88), which is currently in use in the Linux community. Documentation was produced using several other versions of the man page, and extensive inspection of the source code. AVAILABILITY
The more command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2011 util-linux