Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get SQL query result to file in putty Post 302905368 by Makarand Dodmis on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 07:21:09 AM
Old 06-11-2014
try
Code:
sqlplus -s ${DB_LOGON} <<EOSQL
WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT FAILURE;
WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE;
spool output.file
select * from dual;
spool off
EOSQL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unloading sql query to file

In unload to "/usr/home/data.012202" I wish to use a date variable as in unload to "/usr/home/data.`date`" for the file is that possible in a query to do, or will i need to add a mv command after the query to do it. I tried backquotes, , and () on `date` but didn't seem to work Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Link_02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Format the result driven from a SQL Query

Hi All, I want to format the result driven from the query into neat format. For example pls find the below code, #! /bin/sh result=' sqlplus -s uname/passwrd@DBname select no,name,address,ph_no, passport_no,salary,designation from emp_table where salary>1000; exit EOF' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I use SQL to query based off file data?

This is basically what I want to do: I have a file that contains single lines of IDs. I want to query the oracle database using these IDs to get a count of which ones match a certain condition. the basic idea is: cat myfile | while read id do $id in select count(PC.ptcpnt_id) from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whoknows
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

10. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
SQLSRV_QUERY(3) 														   SQLSRV_QUERY(3)

sqlsrv_query - Prepares and executes a query.

SYNOPSIS
mixed sqlsrv_query (resource $conn, string $sql, [array $params], [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
Prepares and executes a query. PARAMETERS
o $conn - A connection resource returned by sqlsrv_connect(3). o $sql - The string that defines the query to be prepared and executed. o $params - An array specifying parameter information when executing a parameterized query. Array elements can be any of the following: oA literal value oA PHP variable oAn array with this structure: array($value [, $direction [, $phpType [, $sqlType]]]) The following table describes the elements in the array structure above: Array structure +----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Element | | | | | | | Description | | | | +----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | $value | | | | | | | A literal value, a PHP variable, or a PHP by-ref- | | | erence variable. | | | | |$direction (optional) | | | | | | | One of the following SQLSRV constants used to | | | indicate the parameter direction: SQL- | | | SRV_PARAM_IN, SQLSRV_PARAM_OUT, SQL- | | | SRV_PARAM_INOUT. The default value is SQL- | | | SRV_PARAM_IN. | | | | | $phpType (optional) | | | | | | | A SQLSRV_PHPTYPE_* constant that specifies PHP | | | data type of the returned value. | | | | | $sqlType (optional) | | | | | | | A SQLSRV_SQLTYPE_* constant that specifies the | | | SQL Server data type of the input value. | | | | +----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $options - An array specifing query property options. The supported keys are described in the following table: Query Options +-----------------------+--------------------------------------+---+ | Key | | | | | | | | | Values | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | +-----------------------+--------------------------------------+---+ | QueryTimeout | | | | | | | | | A positive integer value. | | | | | | | | Sets the query timeout in seconds. | | | | By default, the driver will wait | | | | indefinitely for results. | | | | | | |SendStreamParamsAtExec | | | | | | | | | | | | | TRUE or FALSE (the default is TRUE) | | | | | | | | Configures the driver to send all | | | | stream data at execution ( TRUE), or | | | | to send stream data in chunks ( | | | | FALSE). By default, the value is set | | | | to TRUE. For more information, see | | | | sqlsrv_send_stream_data(3). | | | | | | | Scrollable | | | | | | | | | SQLSRV_CURSOR_FORWARD, SQLSRV_CUR- | | | | SOR_STATIC, SQLSRV_CURSOR_DYNAMIC, | | | | or SQLSRV_CURSOR_KEYSET | | | | | | | | See Specifying a Cursor Type and | | | | Selecting Rows in the Microsoft SQL- | | | | SRV documentation. | | | | | | +-----------------------+--------------------------------------+---+ RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource on success and FALSE if an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sqlsrv_query(3) example <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password" ); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } $sql = "INSERT INTO Table_1 (id, data) VALUES (?, ?)"; $params = array(1, "some data"); $stmt = sqlsrv_query( $conn, $sql, $params); if( $stmt === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } ?> NOTES
For statements that you plan to execute only once, use sqlsrv_query(3). If you intend to re-execute a statement with different parameter values, use the combination of sqlsrv_prepare(3) and sqlsrv_execute(3). SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_prepare(3), sqlsrv_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_QUERY(3)