Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with if condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with if condition Post 302905191 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 10th of June 2014 07:53:52 AM
Old 06-10-2014
Not sure, whether you want something like this ?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

server="icapp1 icapp6 ihapp1 ihapp6 icapp2 icapp3 icapp4 ihapp2 ihapp3 ihapp4 icapp5 ihapp5 "

# -p "Prompt" : Display prompt to user without a newline 
read -p "Check Server : " server_name 

# i -> stands for upper/lower case 
# w -> --word-regexp

if grep -iw "$server_name" <<<"$server" >/dev/null; then
	echo "Yes $server_name found in server list"
         # some more code...
else
	echo "No $sever_name not found in server list"
        # some more code...
fi

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with if condition

Does anybody know when the following if condition is true (ie. what it means) if ($1 ~ "^") thnx :) rkap (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkap
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if condition

suppose a name is read how to check whether the name contains only alphabets and space not non-alphabetic characters and special characters (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisha_agrawal
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition ...

i have following if condition if above statement is case sensitive.....what is syntax if i have to make above comparision case insensetive (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

Hi how to write this: if then usage fi thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition

Hi All, I am using the below if command to comparing two variables but is condition is true but going in else part. ################# if ; then TAKE_SNAPS echo "Snaps updates done" UPDATE_DS_SNAPS_TAKEN else echo "Seemes DS & JDP is still running KIndly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

if chr1:109457160 1 109457160 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457233 1 109457233 99.1735537190083 - chr1:109457614 1 109457614 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457618 1 109457618 100 + chr1:109457943 1 109457943 100 - chr1:109458224 1 109458224 99.1735537190083 - file1.txt If 6th column in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies
tis_cond_wait(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  tis_cond_wait(3)

NAME
tis_cond_wait - Causes a thread to wait for the specified condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <tis.h> int tis_cond_wait( pthread_cond_t *cond, pthread_mutex_t *mutex); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Address of the condition variable (passed by reference) on which to wait. Address of the mutex (passed by reference) that is associated with the condition variable specified in cond. DESCRIPTION
When threads are present, this routine causes a thread to wait for the specified condition variable cond to be signaled or broadcast. Calling this routine in a single-threaded environment is a coding error. Because no other thread exists to issue a call to tis_cond_sig- nal(3) or tis_cond_broadcast(3), using this routine in a single-threaded environment forces the program to exit. For more information about actions taken when threads are present, refer to the pthread_cond_wait(3) description. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by cond is not a valid condition variable or the value specified by mutex is not a valid mutex, or: Different mutexes are supplied for concurrent tis_cond_wait(3) operations on the same condition variable, or: The mutex was not owned by the calling thread at the time of the call. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: tis_cond_broadcast(3), tis_cond_destroy(3), tis_cond_init(3), tis_cond_signal(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off tis_cond_wait(3)