Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable a command
Operating Systems AIX Disable a command Post 302905129 by bobochacha29 on Monday 9th of June 2014 11:40:01 PM
Old 06-10-2014
Disable a command

I need to disable a command. For example - disabling "ls" means that when someone type "ls" - nothing happens .

Somebody help ???? SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable the `rm -f ` command

I wish to learn how to use the alias command in .cshrc I need to change some Unix commands, like : change "rm -f " into "rm -i " or to write small scripts using alias. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
7 Replies

2. Solaris

OBP command to enable/disable a processor

Hello experts.. How can i enable or disable a processor from OBP(OK prompt)? Thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to disable su command without the "-"

hello all i need to disable the su without "-" with another meaning i need to force executing of the .profile when using su command any ideas ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable backslash in command line

Dear I have one problem in SCO Unix command line. I want to disable execution of commands with backslash. For example - if the user executes the following command \exec_script Here - i want the system should NOT execute this command. Can any one give me a suitable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu62
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to disable options from a command

Hi, I am working on a Linux machine. I need to disable 2 options from the available 6 options of a command. For eg. in the "ls" command we have various options like "l ,r, t, a, .... " From this, I need to disable option "a" So when the users type in "ls -a", they should get an error or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Disable / mute microphone from command line

Googling suggested "osascript -e 'set volume 0' " but that doesn't work. I know I'd found this before... some command-line utility that had something to do with audio, mixers, whatever, but I forgot to keep it somewhere I could find it. I did find references to writing an AppleScript app, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies
RMCPING(8)						      System Manager Commands							RMCPING(8)

NAME
rmcpping - send RMCP Ping to network hosts SYNOPSIS
rmcpping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
rmcpping uses the RMCP Ping request datagram to elicit an RMCP Pong response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports RMCP or IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. rmcpping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exits with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), ipmiping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ rmcpping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 RMCPING(8)