Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU/processor/cores in M4000
Operating Systems Solaris CPU/processor/cores in M4000 Post 302905050 by ningy on Monday 9th of June 2014 09:19:14 AM
Old 06-09-2014
So you mean to say number of virtual processsors equal threads which is 16 here?

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-09-2014 at 11:14 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cores on a processor

Hi All, What is the command to identify whether a processor is single core / dual core in solaris ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to make bash [or another shell] use all CPU cores to execute a single script?

I wrote a very simple script that matches combinations of alphabetic characters (1-5). I want to use it to test CPU speeds of different hardware/platforms. The problem is that on multi-core/processor systems, only one CPU is being utilized to execute the script. Is there a way to change that?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
16 Replies

3. Red Hat

Lost CPU CORES

Hey all, dmidecode | grep -i CPU Socket Designation: CPU 0 Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz Socket Designation: CPU 1 Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i cpu cpu family : 6... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmokros
24 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

5. Programming

Set Processor Affinity to group of cores

Hi on multi-core system - I know I can set each process to run on specific core (Processor Affinity). If I want to set process (which contains several threads) to run on group of core, how can I do it ? For example: If we have 8 core, and two process each process contain 4 threads. And I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laro1983
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Numbers-of-cpu-cores-in-Solaris-10

Hello All, How do I find the number of CPU's, virtual processors in solaris 10? Thank you Sunil Kumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgforsunil
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

CPU and Cores information

Hi all. I have a question about linux command to find number of CPU and Core. I usually use the command dmidecode -t processor to find cpu and core numbers . On this machine with Red Hat 4. 0 when I try to insert the command is returned the error -bash: dmidecode: command not found I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piccolinomax
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Questions regarding CPU cores vs rctl limit

Hi, I am trying to gather cpu core details and used this script - Solaris & Scripting: Script - Find cpu - model / type / count / core / thread / speed - Solaris Sparc For auuditing purpose, we want to know how many cores are being used by Oracle, because oracle license will be charged on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
XInitThreads(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XInitThreads(3)

NAME
XInitThreads, XLockDisplay, XUnlockDisplay - multi-threading support SYNTAX
Status XInitThreads(void); void XLockDisplay(Display *display); void XUnlockDisplay(Display *display); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. DESCRIPTION
The XInitThreads function initializes Xlib support for concurrent threads. This function must be the first Xlib function a multi-threaded program calls, and it must complete before any other Xlib call is made. This function returns a nonzero status if initialization was suc- cessful; otherwise, it returns zero. On systems that do not support threads, this function always returns zero. It is only necessary to call this function if multiple threads might use Xlib concurrently. If all calls to Xlib functions are protected by some other access mechanism (for example, a mutual exclusion lock in a toolkit or through explicit client programming), Xlib thread ini- tialization is not required. It is recommended that single-threaded programs not call this function. The XLockDisplay function locks out all other threads from using the specified display. Other threads attempting to use the display will block until the display is unlocked by this thread. Nested calls to XLockDisplay work correctly; the display will not actually be unlocked until XUnlockDisplay has been called the same number of times as XLockDisplay. This function has no effect unless Xlib was successfully initialized for threads using XInitThreads. The XUnlockDisplay function allows other threads to use the specified display again. Any threads that have blocked on the display are allowed to continue. Nested locking works correctly; if XLockDisplay has been called multiple times by a thread, then XUnlockDisplay must be called an equal number of times before the display is actually unlocked. This function has no effect unless Xlib was successfully ini- tialized for threads using XInitThreads. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XInitThreads(3)