Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Showing a black screen
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Showing a black screen Post 302904828 by Corona688 on Friday 6th of June 2014 04:50:46 PM
Old 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel2008
But, that brings us back to square one -- there are a million commands to turn off the monitor, but nothing to go idle.
A difference that makes no difference is not a difference. If the monitor goes black when you need it do, and not-black when you need it do, who cares? And how exactly do you think idle works, anyway?

Last edited by Corona688; 06-06-2014 at 05:56 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Black Screen SCO Real. 5 (intel platform)

Hi everyone, I am new in here. I have to work on a system where nothing is showing up on the screen. I am suspecting an hardware issue, can anyone help me with this? Thanks for your input BB (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labcc
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Black Screen for 10secs

I was thinking if there is a way that i can go about making my screen go black automatically for about 10seconds, (with a message like "take a break" printed on the screen) and after 10seconds everything comes back to normal.... is there any way that i can do this...??? to further clarify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_d
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Black Screen

I am using Intel HD 400 Graphics on a laptop. When I logout, I get a black screen with no cursor or anything. I have to hard reboot the system to get into linux again. Working on RHEL 6 (gnome) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunveer
1 Replies

4. Hardware

qosmio f50-freeze when trying to update bios-black screen

Hi! I own a Qosmio f50 laptop and today i download the file from toshiba to update my bios. Everything went well until installer reaches block 16 when system freezes. I left it half an hour and then tried to power-off the pc with the button, but it dont. I unplug the ac-adaptor and the battery and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Goes Black When Run startx

Have - HP G4p DL360 SCSI version (*see below of pdf of server basics if needed) Scientific Linux live-cd.iso Issue - When it boots off the LiveCD, all starts swell, but if I install the OS normal it goes to a black monitor.... If I install text only, it works and when done I am at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Boot problem after updates, Ubuntu, black screen and cursor

I hope this is the correct forum, please forgive a newbie. Hi all, New to linux, ubuntu, and this forum. I have enjoyed ubuntu for the past few months, but after my last update installation ubuntu would boot to a black screen and blinking cursor. If I let it sit for a while it would give the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutoubuntu
0 Replies

7. Linux

Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys..... Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...,"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: asianfootball
12 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX server boots to black graphical screen

hello all, please can you help me crack this.... i have an hp-ux server which when after booting it does not completely boot to graphical. it stops aa black screen with only an hour glass showing. at this stage only the mouse responds but the keyboard does not respond. any idea to find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveGH
5 Replies
glutIdleFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						       glutIdleFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutIdleFunc - sets the global idle callback. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutIdleFunc(void (*func)(void)); ARGUMENTS
func The new idle callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutIdleFunc sets the global idle callback to be func so a GLUT program can perform background processing tasks or continuous animation when window system events are not being received. If enabled, the idle callback is continuously called when events are not being received. The callback routine has no parameters. The current window and current menu will not be changed before the idle callback. Programs with multiple windows and/or menus should explicitly set the current window and/or current menu and not rely on its current setting. The amount of computation and rendering done in an idle callback should be minimized to avoid affecting the program's interactive response. In general, not more than a single frame of rendering should be done in an idle callback. Passing NULL to glutIdleFunc disables the generation of the idle callback. EXAMPLE
A typical idle callback to animate a window might look like: void idle(void) { time += 0.05; glutSetWindow(window); glutPostRedisplay(); } Notice how the idle callback does not do any actual drawing; it only advances the time scene state global variable. That is left to the window's display callback which will be triggered by the call to glutPostRedisplay. If you use the idle callback for animation, you should be sure to stop rendering when the window is not visible. This is easy to set up with a visibility callback. For example: void visible(int vis) { if (vis == GLUT_VISIBLE) glutIdleFunc(idle); else glutIdleFunc(NULL); } If you do use the idle callback for animation, one thing you should not do is setup the idle callback before calling glutMainLoop. It is much better to use the visibility callback to install idle callback when the window first becomes visible on the screen. SEE ALSO
glutTimerFunc, glutVisibilityFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutIdleFunc(3GLUT)