Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Echoing only once for each subdir Post 302904707 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 5th of June 2014 11:14:24 PM
Old 06-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2010
Rudi:

The solution works great! Out of curiosity, I wonder is there a way to accomplish the same thing with break/continue even though it is not as efficient?
This is probably what you are looking for:

Code:
for i in *
do
   echo $i
   for f in "$Z" "$Z1" "$Z2" "$Z3" "$Z4" "$Z5" "$Z6"
   do
      if [ -f "$i/$f" ]
      then
          echo "it is there"
          continue 2
      fi
    done
    echo "NO"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding patterns through out all subdir

Hi all experts, here is a problem which i would appreciate ur expertise. I need to do this: Eg. Find a number: 1234567 which i dunno which file and which folder I do know which main folder it is in but it is hidden deep within a lot of subdir. Is it possible to find the file? + output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unnerdy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo not echoing correctly

Here is the file named tuwork.......... 209 200 WZ 6529 SKTNCA01X4X C POI LODI LODI 738 SKTNCA0127T LOD Here is the scipt....... cat tuwork | while read rva do num=`echo $rva | cut -d" " -f1-2` reg=`echo $rva | cut -c10` ocn=`echo $rva | cut -c12-15` x=`echo $rva | cut -c29`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echoing

I was just wondering how you would echo out different length variables but still have them all line up. I tried putting tabs between the variables but that didn't work as planned. For example this is in some loop, with different variables in it each time: echo "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5" Appears like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Okema
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

move files and retain subdir structure

hi: I have some files like this folder1/recording1.mp3 folder1/docs/budget.doc folder2/others/misc.mp3 folder3/others/notes.doc all this folders and files are under the mp3 folder. I would like to move just the mp3s to another folder but retain the subdir structure i have. So if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in subdir, multiple files

Hi, I m trying to have script to grep a pattern in all files under a directory. I use Sun Solaris, the below want doesnt do exactly what I want. find /home/xxx/ tagHeu | while read FILE; do grep text $FILE && echo 1 grep text $FILE || echo 0 done I also tried running: find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3rro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving dir subdir and files

I have created a directory structure and under the directory subdirectories and files are there.I need to move the entire thing to another path.How can i write a script to do that. currently the path of files is as below : /data1/serial/mcycle/archive : under this path differnt sub dir exist ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from subdir

Hey, How can I copy files from subdirectories without copy the subdir and copy it to a higher dir For example: /home/test/subdir/file1 copy file1 to /home or another dir thanx (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eclecticaa
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying the dir/subdir structure from one server to another?

Hi All, I want to copy the dir/subdir structure from SERVER-A to SERVER-B without copying all the files in each dir. Is it possible using SCP / SFTP command? For example, SERVER-A has following two dir/subdirectories and files under each subdir. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echoing silently?

I know, sounds mutually exclusive :-) I have a script where I ask for a password and store it in a variable, and then use it with sudo on an array of other hosts. The password winds up being choed back to my terminal as well as to the process on the remote host, like: Attempting to update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getopts not echoing correctly

Hi, When I run the the following code: #!/bin/bash if ]; then usage fi if ] then echo "Do not execute this as root, use -s instead" fi SERVERFILE="servers" function usage { echo "USAGE: ${0} COMMAND" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohca2020
4 Replies
BOOLVAL(3)								 1								BOOLVAL(3)

boolval - Get the boolean value of a variable

SYNOPSIS
boolean boolval (mixed $var) DESCRIPTION
Returns the boolean value of $var. PARAMETERS
o $var - The scalar value being converted to a boolean. RETURN VALUES
The boolean value of $var. EXAMPLES
Example #1 boolval(3) examples <?php echo '0: '.(boolval(0) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '42: '.(boolval(42) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '0.0: '.(boolval(0.0) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '4.2: '.(boolval(4.2) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"": '.(boolval("") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"string": '.(boolval("string") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"0": '.(boolval("0") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"1": '.(boolval("1") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '[1, 2]: '.(boolval([1, 2]) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '[]: '.(boolval([]) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo 'stdClass: '.(boolval(new stdClass) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; ?> The above example will output: 0: false 42: true 0.0: false 4.2: true "": false "string": true "0": false "1": true [1, 2]: true []: false stdClass: true SEE ALSO
floatval(3), intval(3), strval(3), settype(3), is_bool(3), Type juggling. PHP Documentation Group BOOLVAL(3)