Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unexpected End of File Syntax Error Post 302904703 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 5th of June 2014 08:47:39 PM
Old 06-05-2014
It's a shame you don't have just a little more consistency with your file names and inverse map A values then you could simplify this to:

Code:
mkFIMap ()
{
    echo "// forward map"
    mkMapEntry $1   $2  $3  $4 $5 "${6}.map" 2>&1
    echo "// partial inverse map"
    mkMapEntry ${1}i   $2  $3  $4 $5 "${6}.imap" 2>&1
}
export MAP_LOCATION="/home/analysis/STMONA/st_mona/maps/"

echo "// -*- mode: c -*-"
#                   // A  Z  LENGTH  BRHO     FILENAME
mkFIMap m23O          23  8  1.5741  3.52319  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/23o-5_82-jun1
mkFIMap m22O          22  8  1.5741  3.52319  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/22o-5_82-jul20
mkFIMap m6He           6  2  1.5741  2.77742  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/6he-jun5-4_85
mkFIMap m8Li           8  3  1.5741  2.5632   ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/8li-jun19-4_4446
mkFIMap m10Bea        10  4  1.5741  3.6375   ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/coulex_be10
mkFIMap m10Beb        10  4  1.5741  3.5668   ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/coulex_coinc_Be10
mkFIMap m11Bec        11  4  1.5741  3.6375   ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/03048_Be11

However, entries like these let you down:

Code:
echo "// forward map"
mkMapEntry m24O   24  8  1.5741  3.77548  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/24o-cosy.map
mkMapEntry m24Oi  24  8  1.5741  3.77548  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/24o-sch.imap

echo "// forward map"
mkMapEntry m11Li_BeBeam   11  3  1.5741  3.813  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/11li-6_5991-jun19.map
mkMapEntry m11Lii_BeBeam  11  3  1.5741  3.813  ${MAP_LOCATION}floating/11li-6_5991-jun19.imap

I feel for you - this damn script must be a maintenance nightmare.

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 06-05-2014 at 09:53 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I need ur help is this matter, i have th ebelow script, and i keep getting this error: syntax error: unexpected end of file affectedRow=`cat dbOutput.log | grep "1 row affected"` echo "affectedRow : $affectedRow" if ; then echo "Look to the next OMCDB" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a script that's failing ./zzmaster.sh: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file There are 4 scripts total involved. The first 'znocc0.sh' essentially curls a page then does some sed sequences... #!/bin/sh #GET SENTINAL INFO curl -b z0cookie.txt -L -k -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script syntax error: unexpected end of file

Need help. I cannot find the reason for this error: here is the script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have problem in constructing "IF" condition. The below code throws "tst.sh: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file" #!/bin/ksh test=9 echo $test if ] then echo "in" fi echo "end" exit 0 Actually, i want to check whether the variable $test is empty or null. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinku
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am newbie to UNIX scripting. I am facing this error "syntax error: unexpected end of file" while executing the following script: ------ a=$1 if then sqlplus -s prospect_stg/prospect_stg@mdmpt <<END insert into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup select * from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I will appreciate help is this matter. i am getting this error (./getwind.scr: line 41: syntax error: unexpected end of file) in the following script : ############################## #QSUB -eo -q sb -lT 1200 -s /bin/csh #Run on an HP-UX machine or norway to access ncks # lat and lon are in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peeriich
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error unexpected end of file

I am new to unix, so thank u for ur patience I try to make it work (to duplicate two first columns in several files): #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 2 5` do awk `{ print $1,$1,$2,$2,$3,$4}` final_chr.${i} > input_${i} done and i get ./my_script3.sh: command substitution: line 5: syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I am getting error while running the script. "syntax error: unexpected end of file" if i do cat i cant see the content of the script also it is showing as cat test.sh doner /home/master/* /home/Priya/$i| while read i j The original script is paste /home/names.txt /home/ip.txt |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error `end of file' unexpected

I checked the forum and internet, tried different workaorunds but it didnt fixed the error. Please advise on the code. #!/bin/sh CWD=/home/test/Bench cd $CWD (grep "`date +%d-%b"`" File.txt) > /home/test/Bench/dateout if then echo “data” > /home/test/ Bench /test else echo "File... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
16 Replies
ISGREATER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      ISGREATER(3)

NAME
isgreater, isgreaterequal, isless, islessequal, islessgreater, isunordered -- compare two floating-point numbers LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> int isgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isgreaterequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isless(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isunordered(real-floating x, real-floating y); DESCRIPTION
Each of the macros isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), and islessgreater() takes arguments x and y and returns a non-zero value if and only if its nominal relation on x and y is true. These macros always return zero if either argument is not a number (NaN), but unlike the corresponding C operators, they never raise a floating point exception. The isunordered() macro takes arguments x and y, returning non-zero if either x or y is NaN. For any pair of floating-point values, one of the relationships (less, greater, equal, unordered) holds. SEE ALSO
fpclassify(3), math(3), signbit(3) STANDARDS
The isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), islessgreater(), and isunordered() macros conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). BSD
December 1, 2008 BSD