Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Hardware and system timing are different Post 302904627 by rbatte1 on Thursday 5th of June 2014 08:54:36 AM
Old 06-05-2014
Have a look at the date command manual page:-
Code:
man date

That should let you set the system clock. Take care considering the time zone.

Why is the hardware clock important to you?

Also have a look at the clock manual page:-
Code:
man clock

I hope that this helps,

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What command to check system hardware

What command can I run on a Solaris 8 server to check the hardware (ie number of processors, speed of processors, installed memory etc). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp timing out

having problems using scp in that during peak hours it appears to time out. anyone have similar experiences? any thoughts regarding a solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jph
1 Replies

3. Programming

timing your functions

hi everyone. If you have a function created in your code and you want to find out how long it takes for it to run you can use a struct called gettimeofday(). so lets say we have a function like this int myfunction (int r) { /*some math calculations*/ return answer; } How do i set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
3 Replies

4. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

5. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing a script

i have a very big script i have that i'd like to add a timeout to. this script runs on a several remote host. i update this script with timeout clause and then copy it over to all the hosts on which it is currently on. basically, i want the timeout to make the script abort/exit if it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

9. SCO

Need Help Installing Legacy System on Newer Hardware

We have a legacy software application that runs on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, and the current server (built around 2003-04) is still running. I have been attempting to upgrade the hardware, to hopefully increase the time that we will have access to the data in this system, but am running into an... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: spock9458
13 Replies
ADJTIMEXCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 ADJTIMEXCONFIG(8)

NAME
adjtimexconfig - find kernel clock variables and save for reboots SYNOPSIS
/sbin/adjtimexconfig DESCRIPTION
This script uses adjtimex(8) to find values for the kernel variables tick and frequency that will make the system clock approximately agree with the CMOS clock. It then saves these values in the configuration file /etc/default/adjtimex so the settings will be restored on every boot, when /etc/init.d/adjtimex runs. adjtimexconfig uses the drift rate recorded in /etc/adjtime to adjust the times it reads from the CMOS clock. If you find the CMOS clock has a systematic drift, read the clock(8) or hwclock(8) manual page, modify /etc/adjtime as required, and run adjtimexconfig again. AUTHOR
Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>. FILES
/etc/default/adjtimex /etc/init.d/adjtimex SEE ALSO
adjtimex(8), clock(8), hwclock(8), ntpd(8) April 27, 2003 ADJTIMEXCONFIG(8)