Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth] Post 302904581 by omonoiatis9 on Thursday 5th of June 2014 01:09:15 AM
Old 06-05-2014
ok i followed the steps that you said and the time that i get a new error in the errpt log i have also these errors in debug.out:
Code:
Jun  5 08:06:50 s_opi auth|security:info sshd[11731042]: Nasty PTR record "208.12.134.3" is set up for 208.12.134.3, ignoring
Jun  5 08:06:50 s_opi auth|security:info sshd[11731042]: Failed password for staek012 from 208.12.134.3 port 60727 ssh2
Jun  5 08:06:50 s_opi auth|security:info syslog: ssh: failed login attempt for staek012 from 208.12.134.3
Jun  5 08:06:50 s_opi auth|security:crit sshd[11731042]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]  hmm

is these records helpful?
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment With no capitalization and no line breaks in the original text of this post, I am not at all sure that I parsed the above correctly.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-05-2014 at 02:29 AM.. Reason: Wild guess at where to add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here..., i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11, i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop # export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0 # echo $DISPLAY output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0 at the oracle directory, i execute ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimanda
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all. am running postgresql in a vm on debian server. i have some client programs connecting to the db. when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer" can someone help me with this issue... thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp - Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Hello to all, i have a problem when trying to estabilish a sftp connection. i setup a sftp server (i used feeFTPd) and i'm now trying to connect from two different machines. from the first one everything is fine: $ sftp -vvv user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc26
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer send: spawn id exp4 not open while executing

Hi All, I am having an issue with my script which I am using to get files from a remote server. In my script I am going to server:- REMOTESERVER and directory:- /Interface/Upload, and then getting files from there to my local server directory:- /ftp/jail_nextview_LMS/home/nextview_LMS/outbox. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hero6438
1 Replies
SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)						File Formats Manual						 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)

NAME
system-auth-ac, password-auth-ac, smartcard-auth-ac, fingerprint-auth-ac, postlogin-ac - Common configuration files for PAMified services written by authconfig(8) SYNOPSIS
/etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this configuration file is to provide common configuration file for all applications and service daemons calling PAM library. The system-auth configuration file is included from all individual service configuration files with the help of the include directive. When authconfig(8) writes the system PAM configuration file it replaces the default system-auth file with a symlink pointing to system-auth-ac and writes the configuration to this file. The symlink is not changed on subsequent configuration changes even if it points elsewhere. This allows system administrators to override the configuration written by authconfig. The authconfig now writes the authentication modules also into additional PAM configuration files /etc/pam.d/password-auth-ac, /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth-ac, and /etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth-ac. These configuration files contain only modules which perform authentica- tion with the respective kinds of authentication tokens. For example /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_unix and pam_ldap modules and /etc/pam.d/password-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_pkcs11 and pam_fprintd modules. The file /etc/pam.d/postlogin-ac contains common services to be invoked after login. An example can be a module that encrypts an user's filesystem or user's keyring and is decrypted by his password. The PAM configuration files of services which are accessed by remote connections such as sshd or ftpd now include the /etc/pam.d/password- auth configuration file instead of /etc/pam.d/system-auth. EXAMPLE
Configure system to use pam_tally2 for configuration of maximum number of failed logins. Also call pam_access to verify if access is allowed. Make system-auth symlink point to system-auth-local which contains: auth requisite pam_access.so auth requisite pam_tally2.so deny=3 lock_time=30 unlock_time=3600 auth include system-auth-ac account required pam_tally2.so account include system-auth-ac password include system-auth-ac session include system-auth-ac BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
authconfig(8), authconfig-gtk(8), pam(8), system-auth(5) Red Hat, Inc. 2010 March 31 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)