Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: java project to sync 2 files
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions java project to sync 2 files Post 302904461 by vbe on Wednesday 4th of June 2014 07:56:29 AM
Old 06-04-2014
I moved this post ( Thread Hijacking is not tolerable...) to create a new thread here, but here you need to comply to the special rules so I am closing the thread and let you open a new one following the rules

Welcome by the way!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sync files from two different servers.

I have a directory called UNIX 1 which contains 2 files and uploaded into two different servers. Now I want to check whether the directory contains both the files. If not, then need to sync the directory. Please let me know how to do that in shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madan1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sync files between unix client and windows 2003 server

Hi everybody... I want to sync files between unix client machine and windows 2003 server machine. I thought of using Cygwin for windows server and then rsync between two to sync files, but have come to know that might be Cygwin will not be able to handle multiple clients request.... Can any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script to sync/move files that are not in use

Hello all. This may seem like a dumb/easy question but right now I have a little script I made that uses rsync to sync a directory that has files in it that may or may not be complete files. I want to come up with a better solution for this. What it is is I have a directory lets say /incomplete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab using shell script to sync files.

Hi, I developed one shell script where it will sync the files using perforce, #!/bin/bash TERM=linux export TERM clear echo "" $PATH echo "" cd /u/userk/p4/p4_client/TES_DATE echo "" echo "Sync p4 " p4 sync echo "Executing for second time " p4 -u userk -p p4net:161 -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
8 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on sync 2 folders with checking files' modify date

Hi Linux Community I would like to ask about how to compare files in deferent server with date. Those A and B servers has the same folder, I have write a sample script to "ls" both folders and "diff" them, and then "rsync" the missing files. It was running well, both A and B are sync, until... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunaticdawn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we automaitcally sync/copy files from one directoy to another ?

Hi, I would like to achieve below requirement, I have a directory "/mydir" and I want to automatically sync/copy all the content of /mydir directory to "/yourdir" directory all the time. meaning, if some application creates a file in /mydir, it supposed to be copied/available in "/yourdir"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link in /usr/share/maven-repo for an existing jar. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkjar [option]... [pom] [dest_jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks for a jar installed by other means. The symlinks created include links to the jar in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [dest_jar] is the path of the installed jar, usually located in the usr/share/java folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)