Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX shell script to search a string in a file Post 302904445 by Chenchireddy on Wednesday 4th of June 2014 06:32:14 AM
Old 06-04-2014
Hi Srini
Thanks for your prompt response

Generally we called Cname after GET from access logs
ex : GET /common/

Simply say when common(ex:/common/) and status code(ex. 404) match needs to be send to one file remaining wills goes to another file.

Let me know if any more details.

Regards,
Reddy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to search a string and delete the content

Hi, I've a shell script e.g. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the next hop id" read nhid echo "enter the IP address" read IP echo "enter the interface name" read name echo "enter the enable/disable state" read state exit 0 now from this script i want to search strings in another (.cam) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic_mnnit
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Search for a particular String and copy the timestamp to a variable

Hi, We Perfrom Loads to the database through a Perl script which generates a statistics file. I need to read the statistics. the Statistics file looks something like below: Process Beginning - 08-26-2010-23.41.47 DB2 CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL! Ready to process and load file: FILENAME # of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix search a string in the text file

File name : Sample.txt Actually i would like to read <schema>Oracle<schema> string from input file and return only once database as my output. Please advise me. Moved to appropriate forum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripting help to input string and search a file to find

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12ic11
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display which volume pool a given... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Don, this is not homework question. I work for a Credit card company and my development goal this year is to learn Unix. I would love if others can help me get started, thanks. Hi everyone I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search all files for every string in another file

Hello All I have a pattern.txt file in source directory ((/project/source/) in linux server and data looks like: 123abc17 234cdf19 235ifg20 I have multiple log files in log directory (/project/log/) in linux server and data for one log file looks like: <?xml version="1.0" processid... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pred55
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell script, search by an input string

So, there is a large file where I have to conduct several search using bash shell scripting. The file is like this: TITLE and AUTHOR ETEXT NO. Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora, 56900 by Robert Lloyd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Philia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Search a string in a file in shell script?

I have a text file which is generated when the batch job is run. This batch may take few mins to run. When completed, the last line of the text file would be process completed. I need a shell script which will wait for this file till the process completed is printed in it, once found, it would move... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lalat
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)