Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A little bit of poetic light entertainment. Post 302904370 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 3rd of June 2014 04:57:19 PM
Old 06-03-2014
Makes me remember my old Sinclair ZX81 with 16k RAM extension.
My last programmings were a real good machine-code translator, and then a couple of action games in ZX-Basic, translated to fast machine code, and saved to tape.
But no sound, only black on white. And hitting a (foil!)key too tight caused a loose contact in the 16k RAM box, and a hanging or reset: the typed code of the last hours was lost.
A friend had a ZX Spectrum with 48k. It's Basic was more powerful and faster. And lots of games available...
Another friend had a C64...

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 06-03-2014 at 06:04 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light relief...

How about a thread to show your Desktop, Console or computing environment... This is my current MacBook Pro 13 inch screen... Let's see some others no matter how boring... ;oD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light entertainment. ;oD

;oD I received this snippet on facebook the other day... Enjoy:- (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

A little light entertainment... ;oD

New O'Reilly books... URL: New O'Reilly books - Album on Imgur I'll bet many of you have come across a few of these... ;oD (0 Replies)
0 Replies
tapeconv(1)							     Emulators							       tapeconv(1)

NAME
tapeconv - Sinclair ZX Spectrum tape file converter SYNOPSIS
tapeconv [ -a archive info TZX ] [ -b ] [ -s SCR loading screen ] [ -i JPG or GIF inlay image ] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
tapeconv converts between ZX Spectrum tape images. OPTIONS
-a archive info TZX causes the TZX supplied to be scanned for a Archive Info block containing author, year of relase etc. information about the file and then added to the output TZX. [ -b ] causes the output TZX to be stripped of any concatenation blocks that get created when appending TZX files. [ -s SCR loading screen ] causes the supplied .scr format file to be attached to the TZX as a Custom Info block marked as a loading screen. [ -i JPG or GIF inlay image ] causes the supplied .gif or .jpg format file to be attached to the TZX as a Custom Info block marked as a cassette inlay. infile specifies the tape file to be converted. This file can be in any of the tape formats supported by libspectrum(3). outfile specifies the output tape file. The format will be determined by the file extension and can be in any of the formats libspectrum(3) supports for output. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), libspectrum(3), listbasic(1), tzxlist(1) The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Philip Kendall (philip-fuse@shadowmagic.org.uk). Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 tapeconv(1)