Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A little bit of poetic light entertainment. Post 302904329 by wisecracker on Tuesday 3rd of June 2014 03:00:30 PM
Old 06-03-2014
Hi rbatte1...

Nice! Been there done that. I used the Speccy RF output to set up colour TVs many years ago.

I wrote a TestCard program in BASIC with an Assembly piece of code the write lines and
colour bars inside the border loaded into a REM statement.

RANDOMISE USR <address>

I remember it well... ;oD

---------- Post updated at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:44 PM ----------

Hi vbe...

Way COOL.

I still have my QL AND my Brother M1109 ribbon printer that I purchased with it.
Both bought in 1984. The printer is connected to my AMIGA A1200 which has been
on 24/7 for about 18+ years now. YUP that printer still works and is 30 years old.

Just pulled out the Microdrives I got with the QL; do you remember:-

Abacus.
Quill.
Easel.
Archive.

The four free cartridges that the QL came with...

It took me hours to get the bizarre QL serial port to work with the printer too.

The printer works flawlessly on my A500/A1200 via the parallel port.

I found a 6800(8)(0) disassembler written in QL SuperBASIC. Slow, but way cool.

Ahhh, the memories...

Last edited by wisecracker; 06-03-2014 at 04:49 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light relief...

How about a thread to show your Desktop, Console or computing environment... This is my current MacBook Pro 13 inch screen... Let's see some others no matter how boring... ;oD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light entertainment. ;oD

;oD I received this snippet on facebook the other day... Enjoy:- (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

A little light entertainment... ;oD

New O'Reilly books... URL: New O'Reilly books - Album on Imgur I'll bet many of you have come across a few of these... ;oD (0 Replies)
0 Replies
LPT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    LPT(4)

NAME
lpt -- generic printer device driver SYNOPSIS
device ppc device ppbus device lpt DESCRIPTION
The current lpt driver is the port of the original lpt driver to the ppbus(4) system. One purpose of this port was to allow parallel port sharing with other parallel devices. Secondly, inb()/outb() calls have been replaced by ppbus function calls. lpt is now arch-independent thanks to the ppbus interface. See ppbus(4) for more info about the ppbus system. The parallel port bus is allocated by lpt when the printer device is opened and released only when the transfer is completed: either when the device is closed or when the entire buffer is sent in interrupt driven mode. The driver can be configured to be either interrupt-driven, or to poll the printer. Ports that are configured to be interrupt-driven can be switched to polled mode by using the lptcontrol(8) command. Depending on your hardware, extended capabilities may be configured with the lptcontrol(8) command. With an ECP/ISA port, you can take advantage of FIFO and DMA. In order to retrieve printer info from /dev/lpt0, just apply the cat command to the device. If the printer supports IEEE1284 nibble mode and has data to send to the host, you will get it. FILES
/dev/lpt0 first parallel port driver SEE ALSO
ppbus(4), ppc(4), lptcontrol(8) HISTORY
This driver replaces the functionality of the lpa driver, which is now defunct. BUGS
There are lots of them, especially in cheap parallel port implementations. It is only possible to open a lpt port when a printer is connected and on-line, making it impossible to run lptcontrol(8) when there is no printer connected. This driver could still stand a rewrite. BSD
February 14, 1999 BSD