Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File exists, -f not specified and is running in the background Post 302904214 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 2nd of June 2014 10:50:05 PM
Old 06-02-2014
-type f this would run only on files, not directories
Code:
find /path/to/files  -name "*.bak.z" -type f -mtime +365 -delete

execute this first you will come to know what you are going to delete, once after confirm use -delete

Code:
find /path/to/files  -name "*.bak.z" -type f -mtime +365

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running process in background

I'm trying to install a solaris 9 patch cluster and when I try to use & to run in background it won't allow me to enter in my sudo password so it fails the install and sudo auth. Does Solaris not have screen like linux? If & will work what am I doing wrong? sudo ./install_cluster -q & is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running in background

i have a script called server.sh. how to run this script in backgroung using nohup command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running RSH on the background

Hi, I am developing a script that would do a 'rsh' on a client machine. I want to invoke a script in client machine which would keep on polling data to the server. I want the rsh to return back once it invoked the script on client and the script should run on background on client. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

4. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running the script in background

I have a script called startWebLogic.sh which I was running in the background but the problem is which I used the command :- ps -elf | grep "startWebLogic.sh" | grep -v grep to find the process id but I was unable to find the process id for this script and when I checked from the front end the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

MySQL is not running, but lock exists

# service mysql status MySQL is not running, but lock exists I deleted the lock using rm /var/lock/subsys/mysql still the problem persists. I tried using mysqld_safe, still the same issue. Unable to start mysql # mysqld_safe nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running in background

Hello, I was trying to make some processes to run at background and went to a problem. First I tried just to loop in one line something like this: for i in {1..10}; do echo 'hello world' &; done; but it pops a syntax error, so I tried several ways to fix it but wasn't able to understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rash
2 Replies

8. Solaris

running command in background

hi all i am running following command ufsdump 0ubf 512 /dev/rmt/0cbn /database/backup2/rman_backup/level1 >> /database/backup2/backup_tape/level1_rman_03aug12 2>&1; i want to run it in background how can i do it in this i am generating logs for backup. the problem occurs when i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in background

Hi, below is my master script wihch inturn runs 2 scripts in background #master_script.sh ./subscript1.sh & ./subscript2.sh & executed the master_script.sh from unix command prompt $ ./master_script.sh it is executing the subscripts and they are completing fine, however master_script.sh is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in background

Hi, I wrote a KSH script and running it on HP-UX machine I am running one script in background. My script is at location $HOME/myScript/test/background_sh When I view my script in background with psu commend > psu | grep background_sh I see following output UID PID PPID C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhav
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)